PD Article on Coach Tate

HoosierPal

Post Dispatch subscribers have already read this.  I recommend for those that boycott the PD swallow your pride and read this article by Stu.  Very nasty situation for Coach Tate that required surgery.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/serious-leg-injury-limits-but-doesn-t-stop-corey-tate/article_d496f57c-adde-56d7-a047-fe4ce7a8d013.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

CBFan likes this

Thank you very much for the link HoosierPal. I am speaking for myself but feel the need to say in this board that I will include Coach Tate in my prayers during Chirstmas. I want to let him know that losing weight is the very best thing he can do at this stage in his recovery, and to persevere with the slow recovery process that he is in the process of going through. He must understand that after he is "healed" he will be weak as a kitten and will have trouble with stairs and exercise, but should not push the process and instead let it take the course. I send my best wishes for Coach Tate and his family during this trying period in his life. Amen.

Wow, I had a torn quad from not warming up properly prior to a track event in 8th grade and that was only to one of the four muscles that make up the quad. At most, you'd say it was a 25 percent tear, but I'd say definitely less than that as the torn muscle was the smallest of the four. It bothered me on and off for years and there's still a depression in my quad where the muscle split itself. I can't imagine an injury as severe as the one Coach Tate suffered. I have a physical therapy degree and have never heard of a quad injury that severe or anything like it.

Best wishes to Coach Tate.