Coach Ford's Contract

moytoy12

Assuming that TF has a five year deal (was that ever confirmed?), we're now in year 4, which would be the time that an AD would/should be thinking about a possible extension.  Do you think we'll offer an extension after the season? Will TF accept?  Do you want to extend him (for say 3-5 more years)?  My answer is an emphatic yes to #3, a confident yes to #2, and "jesus, I hope so" to #1. 

10 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Assuming that TF has a five year deal (was that ever confirmed?), we're now in year 4, which would be the time that an AD would/should be thinking about a possible extension.  Do you think we'll offer an extension after the season? Will TF accept?  Do you want to extend him (for say 3-5 more years)?  My answer is an emphatic yes to #3, a confident yes to #2, and "jesus, I hope so" to #1. 

I believe he’s already been extended. 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

I have post questions about his contract too and some posters have replied that he had been extended for more money.

I would like to see the extension out 5 more years with a large buyout from any university interested in hiring him.

Ford is 50 and a energetic salesman for the program he coaches and when he makes a couple more NCAA appearances then he will be the hot coach to poach.

53 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I have post questions about his contract too and some posters have replied that he had been extended for more money.

I would like to see the extension out 5 more years with a large buyout from any university interested in hiring him.

Ford is 50 and a energetic salesman for the program he coaches and when he makes a couple more NCAA appearances then he will be the hot coach to poach.

I want to say he's been extended about 4-5 years out. 

Edit: pretty sure he also has a hefty buyout 

CBFan likes this

I think the athletic department and big boosters deserve some praise.  It is pretty clear that they are not operating on the cheap when it comes to hiring staff members for the basketball program.  The staff is bigger and more accomplished than ever.  Some people are writing some big checks to not only pay for Ford, but his staff.

TheOne, Zink, moytoy12 and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think the athletic department and big boosters deserve some praise.  It is pretty clear that they are not operating on the cheap when it comes to hiring staff members for the basketball program.  The staff is bigger and more accomplished than ever.  Some people are writing some big checks to not only pay for Ford, but his staff.

I second this.  Chris May and company, you done good.

brianstl and moytoy12 like this

48 minutes ago, Compton said:

Women’s basketball has also benefitted significantly from the money poured into men’s hoops. Chaifetz and the facilities are second to none in the A10 imo. 

Not sure about that.  I'd say for one, Dayton's arena is superior to Chaifetz, $75 million upgrade just finished ........ https://www.alsd.com/content/university-dayton-arena-renovation-new-body-same-soul

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Not sure about that.  I'd say for one, Dayton's arena is superior to Chaifetz, $75 million upgrade just finished ........ https://www.alsd.com/content/university-dayton-arena-renovation-new-body-same-soul

I drive by UD arena every day and outside of Chaifetz it’s my most visited. Even after the renovation I would absolutely choose Chaifetz every time. 

rgbilliken likes this

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

UD Arena holds alot more people - though I prefer Chaifetz, the open feel/concept... Sitting in the dark so as to see the "lighted" court does not interest me.   And UD has a really nice and superior non-urban campus (without major streets going through it)compared to SLU) the proximity of Chaifetz (for not only games but training, lounge, locker rooms, practice facilities...) to the rest of campus is a plus for Chaifetz/SLU.  Most UD athletes train in a different facility truly on campus - their former student recplex - as opposed to UD Arena - probably a mile from their student center.