Ford's rotations

Crewsorlose

10 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

No.

Cramps normally go away after about a max a few days with proper hydration. "Chronic" Cramping is indicative of possible nerve damage.

Obviously this is all ridiculous to talk about since some on this board know the real answer

So we should rule out pregnancy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

No.

Cramps normally go away after about a max a few days with proper hydration. "Chronic" Cramping is indicative of possible nerve damage.

Obviously this is all ridiculous to talk about since some on this board know the real answer

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Taj79 said:

dennis ---- Jimmy Bell is a project, plain and simple.  I equate his starting to Grandy Glaze starting his junior year.  Glaze gave us four minutes at the start of each half and that was it.  Short of some decent minutes in the BC game, Bell has done very little.  That's why I said in the "Welcome" thread that 2.7 ppg is not a real conclusive assessment for me.  

I don't think anyone is badgering Jimmy Bell or making him a whipping boy.   Short of winning all but one opening tip, Bell's contributions have been minimal.  Bell gets 11 minutes a game for a total of 88 minutes and 16 of those came against BC.  The only games he didn't log at least ten minutes were Valpo and SIU.  He has positives in offensive rebounds and rpg and does okay (for this team) at 50% from the line.  The only thing I will say from where I sit and watch is that he seems slow for the game.  He hasn't caught up yet and since this league is a a guard's league, he'll be challenged to be an offensive contributor for most of his career.  But those are no reasons to throw the kid off the bus for me.  He'll get there, I believe.

You are the biggest cheerleader for THE LOCOMOTIVE.  Good for you.  Stay the course.  Just like 72 conducts the Yurimania express.  Both are projects of equal value and will be needed down the line.  But right now, Bell's contributions are still a work in progress.  My expectations on the kid are nothing more  then him being serviceable.  Tadysak, Butler and Sekue were NOT SERVICEABLE BIGS.  Neither were Ivester, Braun, Gillman, Newbourne, Jolly, Neufeld, Husak,  and almost anyone else in a SLU uniform.  Best of the bigs were Conklin (one year), Evans, Ellis, Bonner, Loe, Foreman, Vouyoukous, Harris, Dobbs (who wasn't a big) and maybe Kenny Brown.  In the middle were guys like Heinrich, Baniak, Tatum, Hudson, Sloan, and some others who usually passed some nights, not so much on others.  I am hopeful Bell becomes big manlegned but will accept middle of the road before it's all over.  

Having both him and Diarra as MOTR folks together in a year or two would be great.  Giving just as much if not more than the duo of Osunniyi and Ipkeze at Bonaventure.

not sure what you're talking about TAj...no one is saying Bell should be playing major minutes, the only points people have made, are that Bell is not the main cause of our woes, and that Ford is correct by giving him some minutes to develop his game, BECAUSE THE TIME WILL COME THIS SEASON WHEN WE WILL NEED HIM FOR SOME MEANINGFUL MINUTES....and dennis is correct that Bell has some very good potential down the line.....

37 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

not sure what you're talking about TAj...no one is saying Bell should be playing major minutes, the only points people have made, are that Bell is not the main cause of our woes, and that Ford is correct by giving him some minutes to develop his game, BECAUSE THE TIME WILL COME THIS SEASON WHEN WE WILL NEED HIM FOR SOME MEANINGFUL MINUTES....and dennis is correct that Bell has some very good potential down the line.....

I think it's safe to say that Bell already played meaningful minutes...in the BC game when French sat out with foul trouble in the first half. He was solid for better part of that half and I think him getting minutes fed his way earlier in the season definitely helped.

And agreed there will probably be a good number of games where something similar happens and the more experience we can get Bell, the better. 

slufanskip likes this

52 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Well said.   And not wanting to re-start the Hargrove talk which has been beaten to death, I never said he should have major minutes either -- just a chance before a walkon.

1 hour ago, glazedandconfused said:

I think it's safe to say that Bell already played meaningful minutes...in the BC game when French sat out with foul trouble in the first half. He was solid for better part of that half and I think him getting minutes fed his way earlier in the season definitely helped.

And agreed there will probably be a good number of games where something similar happens and the more experience we can get Bell, the better. 

Exactly, and it’s pretty hard to argue against Ford’s usage of him when the team is 7-1...