GDT: SaLUkis

wgstl

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Note to @SluSignGuy: Is there any way of forcing the forum software to honor user ignore preferences when updating threads in progress?  It's kind of annoying to see, "You've chosen to ignore _____," but then still see the post (as if having selected "Show this post," even though I didn't).

Not to my knowledge.

Back home after the game and dinner. Not a very well attended game, student section about 3/4 filled, noisy though. A fair number of SIU fans cheering for their team. Nice atmosphere in the place. Andre and the billiken customed guy did their usual excellent work. Band half there, 3 tubas.

I have heard oftentimes that many teams play games to match their opponents, that is what I think we did in the first half of this game. They had French and Goodwin neutralized or largely so, and the guy that carried the first half was Perkins. I would give him the credit for winning this game. The first half was not good to say the least. We only got ahead at the end of the half and our advantage at half time was only 2 pts. The second half was different and we played much more like ourselves. Goodwin and French came alive in the second half and we did just fine. We won by 9 and beat the spread. Ford was not happy in his comments at the end of the game.

Regardless, a win is a win, we are 7-1 and doing fine. I fullly expect to win agaist SIU, as we did. I did not expect it to be this close despite beating the spread. Anyways, sloppy first half or not we won and beat the spread. No onto the next game  Tulane will be harder to beat than SIU but I believe they will do so. Go Bills!

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I think Perkins has got to get minutes, but he wasn’t good defensively today. A freshman had his way against him today.

And I don't want him shooting 3's.   He's dynamite from the foul line in, but no long distance please.

21 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Back home after the game and dinner. Not a very well attended game, student section about 3/4 filled, noisy though. A fair number of SIU fans cheering for their team. Nice atmosphere in the place. Andre and the billiken customed guy did their usual excellent work. Band half there, 3 tubas.

I have heard oftentimes that many teams play games to match their opponents, that is what I think we did in the first half of this game. They had French and Goodwin neutralized or largely so, and the guy that carried the first half was Perkins. I would give him the credit for winning this game. The first half was not good to say the least. We only got ahead at the end of the half and our advantage at half time was only 2 pts. The second half was different and we played much more like ourselves. Goodwin and French came alive in the second half and we did just fine. We won by 9 and beat the spread. Ford was not happy in his comments at the end of the game.

Regardless, a win is a win, we are 7-1 and doing fine. I fullly expect to win agaist SIU, as we did. I did not expect it to be this close despite beating the spread. Anyways, sloppy first half or not we won and beat the spread. No onto the next game  Tulane will be harder to beat than SIU but I believe they will do so. Go Bills!

I thought the attendance was pretty good for a Sunday during Thanksgiving week. Students not back. I think the athletic department has done a good job of getting butts in those seats. 

2010andBeyond likes this

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Note to @SluSignGuy: Is there any way of forcing the forum software to honor user ignore preferences when updating threads in progress?  It's kind of annoying to see, "You've chosen to ignore _____," but then still see the post (as if having selected "Show this post," even though I didn't).

Second note to @SluSignGuyClocktowerrecords2004 is alias Gloydays2013 and TRavs I think his posts were reduced so he came up with another name and is totally obnoxious again.

HoosierPal likes this

12 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Second note to @SluSignGuyClocktowerrecords2004 is alias Gloydays2013 and TRavs I think his posts were reduced so he came up with another name and is totally obnoxious again.

Nah. And only obnoxious because I got roasted all last week/ preseason saying Perkins and Gibson should be our starters and Bell shouldn’t be. Now that what I’m saying keeps turning out to be true, I’m fighting back. Don’t call me the board moron for saying what takes people a month to figure out 

Our team once again has the depth to overcome sickness with Fred Thatch and players that struggled today.  Perkins has been playing better and today he led the team in scoring and Jacobs was the best point guard for this game.  Our team has the big 2, Goodwin and French and the next player up who could be Perkins, Collins, Jacobs, Weaver, Jimerson and Thatch when he can get back on the court.  One of these days Jimmy Bell will have his coming out party and so will Hargrove.

Our team is deep enough to sit Hargrove who would have played the last two seasons ready or not.

Our coach has the flexibility with different players to find a lineup that will work and he did that today.  The best 5 today were Jimerson, Jacobs, Perkins, French and Goodwin.  Who knows what 5 player combination will be the best for Tulane, who will get the hot hand?

The only lack of depth is the 4 and 5 position so our coach needs to continue bringing Jimmy Bell along so I think the starting lineup will remain the same.

7-1 feels so nice.

15 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Nah. And only obnoxious because I got roasted all last week/ preseason saying Perkins and Gibson should be our starters and Bell shouldn’t be. Now that what I’m saying keeps turning out to be true, I’m fighting back. Don’t call me the board moron for saying what takes people a month to figure out 

I don't call you a moron for that.

Box and Won likes this

24 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

What about 3 different usernames? Are you denying that?

billikenfan05 likes this

20 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

You just don’t get it, and probably never will. No one is arguing that Jimmy Bell is currently one of our top 5 players. Coach Ford realizes that at some point in the season, we are going to need Bell to play some significant minutes because of foul problems or injuries, and he is not going to be prepared if he doesn’t get playing time. A 7-1 record is ample proof that TF’s plan has been successful. Sometimes you have to step back and look at the big picture. I’m sure Ford’s lineup will continue to evolve as the season progresses.

CBFan likes this

26 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

So you wanted Perkins before today? Have you checked his offensive production? 

You aren't right. Jimmy Bell needs to play. He's averaging 11 min a game. It doesn't matter if those 11 min include the 1st 3 or not. There's a bigger picture that you're failing to see

CBFan likes this