GDT: SaLUkis

wgstl

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

So you wanted Perkins before today? Have you checked his offensive production? 

You aren't right. Jimmy Bell needs to play. He's averaging 11 min a game. It doesn't matter if those 11 min include the 1st 3 or not. There's a bigger picture that you're failing to see

Agreed.  And let's not forget about Hankton -- who also will help out this year.  

slufanskip likes this

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed the game on statbroadcast last night but just now getting to watch the replay. The play by play gave the impression that Jacobs was having a solid game but he was the key to the win. That's in spite of the production of Goodwin, Perkins, and French. The offense ran so much smoother with him at the point and his passing was on point. Yuri's game is super flashy and would look great on the playground but he needs to slow down and stop trying to make the spectacular play. He's also got to improve his shooting. Jacobs is a better shooter, runs the team more efficiently, and is an equally good defender.

Not down on Yuri as he's a quarter way through his freshman season, but Jacobs at the point gives a better chance to win.

14 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Agreed.  And let's not forget about Hankton -- who also will help out this year.  

i'd rather play jimmy bell more.

AGB91 likes this

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

Wasn't Jacobs initially a Carbondale commit?

Yes, out of HS. I think he even signed an LOI, then got out of it, took a prep year at Hillcrest (AZ) and committed to SLU.

8 minutes ago, Brighton said:

With the Bills being 7-1,  one would think they would be one of the two biggest talks of the town right ? No. It’s all Blues (understandable) and the Columbia Tigers. 

i'm sure there are at least 3 cardinal articles in the post today as well.  

22 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Followed the game on statbroadcast last night but just now getting to watch the replay. The play by play gave the impression that Jacobs was having a solid game but he was the key to the win. That's in spite of the production of Goodwin, Perkins, and French. The offense ran so much smoother with him at the point and his passing was on point. Yuri's game is super flashy and would look great on the playground but he needs to slow down and stop trying to make the spectacular play. He's also got to improve his shooting. Jacobs is a better shooter, runs the team more efficiently, and is an equally good defender.

Not down on Yuri as he's a quarter way through his freshman season, but Jacobs at the point gives a better chance to win.

I don't want Yuri to quit being flashy or pushing the envelope with his passes despite the fact it may create an extra t/o or 2. What I want Yuri to do is quit making the soft lazy pass. 

willie likes this

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i'm sure there are at least 3 cardinal articles in the post today as well.  

Let's sneak up on everybody. It is really silly for us to get too big of a head until we actually beat someone good. Can't keep up with quads, rating etc. but eye test reveals 12-18 games  that qualify. Two so far Hall n Belmont. 1-1 blasted by only true qualifier. As said on here before 2 of next 3 games are legitimate tests. Sweep these three and it's time for our heads to swell and to take names. Does seem hard to imagine with what we 've seen so far that we fail to win 20 games.

14 minutes ago, almaman said:

Let's sneak up on everybody. It is really silly for us to get too big of a head until we actually beat someone good. Can't keep up with quads, rating etc. but eye test reveals 12-18 games  that qualify. Two so far Hall n Belmont. 1-1 blasted by only true qualifier. As said on here before 2 of next 3 games are legitimate tests. Sweep these three and it's time for our heads to swell and to take names. Does seem hard to imagine with what we 've seen so far that we fail to win 20 games.

I'm going to count BC as an equal test to Belmont based upon it being a road game and our Frosh's first road game. 

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I'm going to count BC as an equal test to Belmont based upon it being a road game and our Frosh's first road game. 

That's mitigated a little bit by the small pre-Thanksgiving crowd. Which may work out for the best, it being a relatively mild environment to get past the first road jitters.

13 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Domasik had a good game but I would like to see how he does over their entire season before I go crazy over him.   I remember another WI Player of the year - Gatorade back then I think - and he ended up having a decent career at SLU but not great.

Kid had height and a good build for a freshman.  Scored at will all over the floor and hit his free throws.  I mean, sure, Thatchie Poo would have locked him up from both ends like a pair of gotdamn Chinese finger cuffs, but still... Sign me up.

4 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Hankton should have taken Bells minutes 

up pretty late considering you got that big biology test today.    hope you function all day.    remember school is the most important this point in your life.   be the best 7rth grader you can be.