GDT BC: Where Eagles Die

brianstl

Just now, slufanskip said:

A 10 point win on the road against an ACC team with freshman playing 72 min in their 1st road game of their college careers. I won't just take it. I'm estatic

Agreed.  Also, it looked like Ford establish his crunch time lineup in the 2nd half.  We went about 6-7 deep max in the 2nd half. Love what Perkins brings to the team.

Zink and slufanskip like this

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Do we even have to? They're going to leave French open.  They'll do their research and know that you can allow French to catch the ball and get fouled. 

Well that's a strategy I'd love to see them use. French would roam the lower blocks and I'd spread the floor. Go head leave him open

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

Bet! I'm so drunk on Kool-Aid that while I am unwilling to bet the Billikens straight up, I got us giving Auburn a game (give me another glass and I will be there though).

I'll give you 15 points and when I (hopefully) lose, I'll buy you drinks at the 'Fetz in February. Deal?  If I win the bet, we'll both be pissy and you won't owe me anything.

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Agreed.  Also, it looked like Ford establish his crunch time lineup in the 2nd half.  We went about 6-7 deep max in the 2nd half. Love what Perkins brings to the team.

Perkins needs to pick his spots better. He shoots too much. He was 3/12 and 1/4. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a good offensive player, but he isn't yet

RUBillsFan likes this

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Perkins upped the intensity and grabbed some big boards for us today AND carried us through the end of the first half offensively. If he can consistently play the “4” out there with Goodwin and French like he did today, we’ll cause matchup problems against a lot of teams. 

French, Perkins, Goodwin, Jacobs, Yuri. That's it. That's the starting 5. 

Littlebill likes this

The key to this win was surviving French sitting for 14 minutes in the first half.  Bell stepping in and playing well when Hankton could not handle their big guy was the key to this happening.  Good win but honestly these FT woes are going drive me crazy.  Yuri has to be better at the line - yes I know he is freshman but hitting FTs have nothing to do with being a freshman.  (you can throw Goodwin in there also but I have kind given up on him improving at this stage of his career)

Zink and BIG BILL FAN like this

Two things that impressed me (on top of goodwin asserting himself in the 2nd):

- When French got back in the game after sitting out the last 16min of the 1st, he didn't force anything offensively. He wasn't out of control trying to get shots up or get to the hoop, he showed a lot of maturity there. Having him in the game is vital for our team. Good job Hasahn

- Jimerson's shooting is what we were expecting this year...but I thought he has been both active without the ball in his hands and has been confident with the ball in his hands. IMO has been the most impressive of the new guys.

BilliKat likes this

13 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Perkins was sneaky effective.

Pretty game or not, and it was not it was more of a melee, we won over BC and got to be the Gotham Challenge champions. Goodwin was the MVP of the tournament. All of this is very nice. Even nicer is the fact that this was the first away game for the freshmen and we were not playing in neutral territory. Like Ford said in his post game comments, this is what winning teams go: take their lumps and keep on playing tough, until they turn the corner and win. Turn the corner we did.

I hate spectrum, whenever you want to watch something you have to upgrade, screw them, I listened on the radio. It must have been an incredible game to watch. The stats are not yet available at SLU athletics, but Lord we really played them out. All objections and imperfections not withstanding, we won! I knew we could and we did. Go Bills! Onto  the next game back home this time.

3 minutes ago, Zink said:

Perkins upped the intensity and grabbed some big boards for us today AND carried us through the end of the first half offensively. If he can consistently play the “4” out there with Goodwin and French like he did today, we’ll cause matchup problems against a lot of teams. 

I'm not saying he shouldn't be playing, or he didn't have a good 1st half but he shouldn't be taking more shots per minute than anyone else on the team. He's shooting under 33% from the field and 20% from 3. 9 boards is a nice game and I'm not as down on his D as it seems some others have been

Zink likes this

15 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

he needs more makes.   3-12 not good enough.   i'd rather have jimmerson in the game if i had to pick between the two.

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't be playing, or he didn't have a good 1st half but he shouldn't be taking more shots per minute than anyone else on the team. He's shooting under 33% from the field and 20% from 3. 9 boards is a nice game and I'm not as down on his D as it seems some others have been

I agree he should pick his spots better. He also just needs to make more shots. We know from JUCO that he can shoot the ball.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Pretty game or not, and it was not it was more of a melee, we won over BC and got to be the Gotham Challenge champions. Goodwin was the MVP of the tournament. All of this is very nice. Even nicer is the fact that this was the first away game for the freshmen and we were not playing in neutral territory. Like Ford said in his post game comments, this is what winning teams go: take their lumps and keep on playing tough, until they turn the corner and win. Turn the corner we did.

I hate spectrum, whenever you want to watch something you have to upgrade, screw them, I listened on the radio. It must have been an incredible game to watch. The stats are not yet available at SLU athletics, but Lord we really played them out. All objections and imperfections not withstanding, we won! I knew we could and we did. Go Bills! Onto  the next game back home this time.

You can always go to slubillikens.com, go to sports, mens baskeball schedule, then click on live stats

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

What we need is both of them.

im not ready to give up on jacobs.   lot of athletic ability and he makes his shots if open.   just need to turn up his intensity dial.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Perkins isn't shooting well from anywhere. His effective shooting percentage is 37.8%.  That is worse than Thatch and people can't ***** enough about how bad a shooter Thatch is.

I think everyone agrees