GDT BC: Where Eagles Die

brianstl

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

He made one of two which is about what anyone else is going to make.  I think his poise and leadership is important at the end.  Until our younger guys mature, he probably should be in at the end.  Who else would you have in?

I'm with you. We had enough of a lead to leave him in. We just need to have a couple of inbound plays to get the ball to the right player. Let French look for the o board and defend at this point. 

Just now, slufanskip said:

I'm with you. We had enough of a lead to leave him in. We just need to have a couple of inbound plays to get the ball to the right player. Let French look for the o board and defend at this point. 

Disagree entirely. You can sub him back in to defend.  Dude makes 35% from the FT line. No way in any universe he should be on the court in obvious FT situations.

oh well.  6-1 with a road win over a P5.  keep getting better.  We ALL knew this game wouldnt be pretty even before it started.  That was the first road game for 4 of our main contributing players. 

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

So we're not going to get the offensive juggernaut we thought we were getting.  But bully ball is working -- when we're the bullies.  The artist in me is upset by this development but the fan in me says "just win baby."  Goodwin and French are our best players.  This is the way it has to be until they graduate.

yea, we're not. But we are still getting an improved offense. 

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

So we're not going to get the offensive juggernaut we thought we were getting.  But bully ball is working -- when we're the bullies.  The artist in me is upset by this development but the fan in me says "just win baby."  Goodwin and French are our best players.  This is the way it has to be until they graduate.

I still see some art in our future. We're in our brute period lately.

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I love our team but Auburn is gonna beat us by 20+ in a laugher.

yep. Richmond actually looked pretty good and still lost by 14 on a neutral court, its a practically a home game for them.

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Disagree entirely. You can sub him back in to defend.  Dude makes 35% from the FT line. No way in any universe he should be on the court in obvious FT situations.

I know what he shoots. I'd avoid putting the ball in his hands but he'd remain in the game.  In this game, we left him in, he only got to the line once and went 1-2. 

cgeldmacher likes this

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I love our team but Auburn is gonna beat us by 20+ in a laugher.

I think we are better than Richmond and Auburn didn't beat them by 20.  Auburn has won by physically dominating their opponents.  I think they will win, but I think we match up against them pretty well.

Littlebill likes this

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I know what he shoots. I'd avoid putting the ball in his hands but he'd remain in the game.  In this game, we left him in, he only got to the line once and went 1-2. 

That's the prob, the other team will happily welcome French getting the ball 

Just now, slufanskip said:

A 10 point win on the road against an ACC team with freshman playing 72 min in their 1st road game of their college careers. I won't just take it. I'm estatic

And without Thatch.

But we need to be honest, too - BC is gonna go like 2-16 in the ACC.