GDT BC: Where Eagles Die

brianstl

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Speaking of, only avg 7 ppg and shooting 33% from deep. Wasn’t he supposed to be high level shooter and scorer ?

I long suspected that while Graves was the superior athlete, Jermaine Bishop was the better basketball player.  Graves is a rotation player for a MEAC team while Bishop is playing like an all-conference first-teamer.

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I long suspected that while Graves was the superior athlete, Jermaine Bishop was the better basketball player.  Graves is a rotation player for a MEAC team while Bishop is playing like an all-conference first-teamer.

Bishop, Jalen Johnson and Neufield are all leading their respective teams in scoring. Good to see those guys find success even if at a slightly lower competition level. 

RUBillsFan likes this

Preview from a BC fan and alum: 

I watch most BC games. They run about 7/8 deep. Here's the rundown:

Popovic is a skilled big. Doesn't look great doing it, but can score from deep, put the ball on the deck and get to the rim, and also post up. Think of him as a taller Grant Golden. He's not very active on D or the boards though.

Mitchell is heart and soul of the team. Can't shoot a lick. Great in every other way. 

BC has terrible wings, mainly because Jairus Hamilton got injured in the first game and hasn't been seen. With Jairus, this team would probably sniff NIT. Rishwain is sort of like Jimmerson. He broke out last game and has to play more for the team to be good. Felder is active but an inconsistent frosh. Very athletic. Kamari Williams is a bit like Hargrove, and probably won't play.

BC's guards are solid. Thornton a former 5* trying to get redemption as 5th year senior. Imagine they will have Goodwin/Thatch on him. Jay Heath is a good frosh with all around game, but doesn't excel in anything. Jared Hamilton, older brother of Jairus, is athletic, not much of a shooter. Left-handed Thatch. Chris Herren's son gets some run, as a shooter and energy guy. 

That's about it. Their players are good, but they aren't deep. Their best scorer, Tabbs, is out for the season with a knee injury. They like to stay in man-to-man, but don't defend very well. They have some dangerous scorers, but, esp. without Hamilton, aren't as athletic as SLU, and not as deep. SLU should press the whole game and force mistakes.

Conte Forum will be a morgue. Nobody comes unless it's Duke, and all of the students are gone. Nobody in Boston cares about BC basketball. Not a hostile environment, but Bills may have trouble waking up for an afternoon game with 1000 fans who don't make noise. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Agreed. Some on the board had a weird illogical thing about Bishop, probably because he was a Crews recruit, but he would have been a very valuable player for us the previous couple of years. And he would have benefited playing alongside Bess and a better surrounding cast than he had as a freshman.

1 hour ago, glazedandconfused said:

Bishop, Jalen Johnson and Neufield are all leading their respective teams in scoring. Good to see those guys find success even if at a slightly lower competition level. 

Neufield is a surprise. I wish we still had the other two. 

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

Agreed. Some on the board had a weird illogical thing about Bishop, probably because he was a Crews recruit, but he would have been a very valuable player for us the previous couple of years. And he would have benefited playing alongside Bess and a better surrounding cast than he had as a freshman.

Agreed. Bishop had a very good freshman year surrounded by very little talent. 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I hate that I’m relying so much on this ESPN app to stream it. If it doesn’t, the neatest bar that Will is like 15 minutes away, and I won’t know till 1 if it does. 

Typically the list of upcoming games is listed before they start. All access with NC basketball is on ACC Network right now.