HoosierPal

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Richmond loses to Radford by 15.

Omg, I was just telling my son last night that Radford is pretty good this year, not even realizing their record was 3-7. I said it because his alma mater, UNCG, struggled to beat them by two on the road, then saw that they only lost to Mississippi State yesterday by 9. I guess the calls for Mooney's head have already resumed.

2 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Omg, I was just telling my son last night that Radford is pretty good this year, not even realizing their record was 3-7. I said it because his alma mater, UNCG, struggled to beat them by two on the road, then saw that they only lost to Mississippi State yesterday by 9. I guess the calls for Mooney's head have already resumed.

Well, almost every year there's at least one team from lower conferences that loses lots of games as guarantee-game opponents that goes on to dominate its conference and make the NCAA Tournament (as an automatic, not at-large, qualifier).  Radford could be one of those.

Richmond still only goes five deep.

Duquesne still hasn't played anybody.  And now not undefeated.

Davidson has now lost Pritchett along with Frampton.

The Bonnies have won seven in a row --- San Diego, Florida Atlantic, Hofstra, Mercer, Niagara, Middle Tennessee and D2 Gannon --- not impressed.

Mason appears to be a team not to sleep on.  Green, Miller and Wilson are all coming on.  Hartwell is a good PG.  And Kier is back although he didn't play against UMBC after being the leading scorer against American.  But they've playedno one either losing at Maryland while also playing in the Caymans.  All other games at home.

Top four = Dayton, VCU, Rhodey ans us right now.  

St. nJoe's followers have been 50/50 on that break ----- some say 'boo' rightaway, others say it's good practice time.   Either way, Billy Lange does not have a full team nor a good team.  They are the bottom feeders of the Big Five and that hurts their Philly pride more than anything.

12 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Duquesne down 17 at home to 5-7 Marshall.

Duquesne is so effing bad. They lost their best player to transfer, and had enough there to beat miserable teams all non con. And Lunardi had them on the bubble a couple days ago?? A10 talk had them in talks of a top 4 league finish???

Marshall's SEVEN losses are to:

Toledo (They played them twice for some reason?)

Notre Dame

Charleston

Florida

Akron

Northern Iowa

We may not lose seven times all season.

They were 247 in NET!!!!!!!!!

Back to the league depths they go - say hi to Fordham and LaSalle for us

Dana Tate has entered the transfer portal and is leaving URI.

He averaged 3.9 PPG and 2.4 RPG in 19.5 MPG coming off the bench. He appeared in all 33 games last year and the first 8 games of this season but missed the last 3 due to suspension for violation of unspecified team rules.

What a garbage end to non-conference play in the A10. Richmond, Duquesne, UMass, Bonnie’s, Davidson, GMU and GW all stumbling across the finish line, with Fordham and St. Joe’s already obsolete.

La Salle is something of a bright spot, racking up wins against middling opponents since its slow start (1 OT win and 2 losses) in its first 3 games of the season.