A10 Scores and Comments

HoosierPal

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Isn’t this kstates home game that they play in kc every year ?

Maybe we should schedule a couple "neutral site" games at the Enterprise Center each year - with the Billiken at center court, only our band, our standard entrance protocol, graphics, announcers, etc... - to juice our NET ratings a bit.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:00 PM, GBL_Bills said:

We now need Kenpom to not only adjust for pace of play, but also for distance away from home school/alumni bases and fandom breakdown of the crowd

On 12/20/2019 at 4:27 PM, RUBillsFan said:

KState's logo is at center court.  This is not a neutral site game.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. There are neutral games and there are "neutral" games.

In the ratings systems, this game is not counted as a road or home game for either team. It is technically a 50-50 neutral game. If the ratings systems want to capture something more accurate, they should weight these 75/25 or something like that.

Dayton is down 7 to Colorado at the under-12 media timeout in the second half. Worth monitoring.

VCU needed that win over Wichita State. Didn't get it.

Harvard won at GW.

La Salle (Farleigh Dickinson), Rhode Island (WKU), Duquesne (Austin Peay), St. Bonaventure (MTSU), and George Mason (UMBC) all got it done tonight, though.

Dayton and SLU will determine whether it was a good night or disappointing one.

I was looking at the standings and there are only 5 conferences that have 4 or more teams with 10 or more wins currently (this is not a cherry picked stat at all):

A10 (SLU, Duquesne, George Mason, Richmond)
Big East (DePaul, Butler, Creighton, Xavier, St. John's)
Big Ten (Ohio State, Maryland, Indiana, Penn State)
Pac 12 (Colorado, Stanford, Arizona, USC)
West Coast (Gonzaga, Santa Clara, Saint Mary's, Pacific, San Francisco, BYU - this one is pretty crazy, even if there are some pretty easy schedules.)

There's obviously a lot of noise here - SOS, number of games played, etc. - but I guess my point is that the A10 is so much better this season no matter how you look at it. And the two 9-win teams - Dayton and VCU - are probably the best.

If you had the WCC as the conference with the most 10-win teams at this point, good on you.

Auburn, Duquesne, Liberty, and San Diego State are the only undefeated teams left.

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Duquesne losing to UAB by 5 and  Davidson down 6 against Loyola, both in the second half. Richmond down 7 at the half to Radford. Could be a rough day for the A10.

A meh Saturday (6-3) could have turned into a nice weekend with a sweep today, with A-10 favored in all of the matchups. Duquesne gets exposed against the #170 team in KenPom. Davidson has turned it around, up 3 now. Richmond down 7 in 2nd half to a terrible Radford team. 

I know teams are allowed a bad game, but I don’t find a good argument as to why the dukes or Richmond should be considered ahead of us. 

with that said, I also don’t think vcu is as far ahead of us or the rhodys as ppl think.

for me it’s:

dayton

vcu, slu, rhody

dukes, Richmond, mason Bonnie’s(?)

davidson

everyone else 

15 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I know teams are allowed a bad game, but I don’t find a good argument as to why the dukes or Richmond should be considered ahead of us. 

with that said, I also don’t think vcu is as far ahead of us or the rhodys as ppl think.

for me it’s:

dayton

vcu, slu, rhody

dukes, Richmond, mason Bonnie’s(?)

davidson

everyone else 

I  tend to agree, I think Dayton may be difficult games to win, the others we can beat.