A10 Scores and Comments

HoosierPal

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I would think just playing Auburn, win or lose, should get us into the double digits. Auburn ranked 16th.

I do admit, some of his rankings I just can't figure out. i.e. Liberty is ranked 71, looking at its record, other then Radford ranked 129, all are ranked 178 or higher, several in the 300 range.

This will help us in SOS, but if we lose by 30 it won't help us much at all. Just like losing by 17 at home to Seton Hall didn't help us in KenPom. 

At the end of the day, our past opponents just need to start winning games. SOS in the 290s in BPI and KenPom. That will inevitably get better in the course of the year, but it will get a lot better if teams like Belmont and Tulane win 20 games.

Lunardi is taking a little notice of the A-10, with Richmond making "Next 4 out." Unless SLU sweeps the rest of non-conf, the only way they're earning a bye is with a great A-10, something along the lines of 13-5. But for those wanting some more immediate recognition, it all rest on beating Auburn.

11 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

This will help us in SOS, but if we lose by 30 it won't help us much at all. Just like losing by 17 at home to Seton Hall didn't help us in KenPom. 

KenPom has us losing to Auburn by 12.  I have no idea how his rankings work, but I'd imagine if we lose by less than 12 or win, we'll move up.  If we lose by more then 12, we'll move down.  Bigger difference one way or the other will cause a bigger shift in rankings.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Five A10 games today.  We are the only dog.

LaSalle -12.5 home v Morgan State

Duquesne (N) v Radford -4.5  (This game is being played at a High School gym in Akron.  Yikes.)

Charleston at Richmond -8.5

Gannon (DII) at St. Bonnie, no one cares.

Dukes are 4.5 faves

34 minutes ago, slu72 said:

This is pitiful. They should be kicked out in favor of either Belmont or Loyola. 

This is interesting though - someone on A10Talk posted an article about possible additions. It seems that whatever region of the conference you're from, you want a team from that region. The article mentioned Siena and College of Charleston (yuck). The VCU and Richmond people want to expand south, Bona, Rhody, etc want someone from up there, and all we'd like is to move the conference westward. I do believe we would be out-voted on any choices, though.

-jeez, when we get to the level of Gonzaga in the WCC where we dominate and do it for an extended period, then perhaps we would have a major say in who should be in the conference, I'm guessing not that long ago other A10 fans might have felt the same about us when we were in the PIG for 3 straight years

11 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-jeez, when we get to the level of Gonzaga in the WCC where we dominate and do it for an extended period, then perhaps we would have a major say in who should be in the conference, I'm guessing not that long ago other A10 fans might have felt the same about us when we were in the PIG for 3 straight years

The ironic thing is If we were to ever get to the level of Gonzaga, we wouldn't care who is in the conference.  The only reason we care now is we rely on the strength of the conference for national validation.  Gonzaga already has it.

Compton likes this