A10 Scores and Comments

HoosierPal

At the request of Littlebill, here is a new, non-dated A10 game thread.

Tonight, the A10 teams went 4-1, with wins over the Big Ten and ACC.  LaSalle picked up a nice win over Horizon Conf Wright State, and the Bonnies got one over the Southern Conference Mercer Bears.

Overall the A10 is 59-26 with a cumulative conference RPI of #7.  Dayton's live RPI is 7 with SLU currently 107.  As someone said on the old thread, Juan Bid has left the building.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

At the request of Littlebill, here is a new, non-dated A10 game thread.

Tonight, the A10 teams went 4-1, with wins over the Big Ten and ACC.  LaSalle picked up a nice win over Horizon Conf Wright State, and the Bonnies got one over the Southern Conference Mercer Bears.

Overall the A10 is 59-26 with a cumulative conference RPI of #7.  Dayton's live RPI is 7 with SLU currently 107.  As someone said on the old thread, Juan Bid has left the building.

bless you sir 🙏

Today's slate of games offers a lot of opportunities for good quality wins.  3 wins (Including Dayton) or 4 wins (all non-Dayton games) would be considered a great night IMO. 

SLU (+1.5) at BC - 1 PM CT

URI (-12) vs Manhattan - 3 PM CT

Dayton (+4) vs #4 Kansas (in Hawaii) - 4 PM CT ESPN

George Mason (+5.5) vs NM ST (Cayman Islands) - 6:30 PM CT

La Salle (+4.5) vs South Alabama (Florida) - 6:30 PM CT

Ken Pom Rankings of today's opponents:

Kansas - 8

NM ST - 82 

Boston College - 110

South Alabama - 118

Manhattan - 254 

Taylor Funk from St. Joe's is out indefinitely with a hand injury. It's his right hand, shooting hand. I think that puts them in the single digits for available scholarship players. They started stronger than I thought they would but it looks like they're going to run out of gas very quickly.

Dayton has played like a top 10 team to start the season. I'm pulling pretty hard for them in these Power 5 matchups. Really hoping they come in to Chaifetz with a top 10-15 ranking. 

Still the best fan experience I've ever had is when Butler came in to the Fetz at #9 and the crowd energy was nearly blew the top off the arena, then we blew the doors off Butler and stormed the court. Think Stevens commented on how it was impossible to call plays or even communicate with his guys in the huddle due to crowd noise. 

Really hoping we can emulate that atmosphere and get a huge resume win when Dayton rolls in.

45 minutes ago, SLUperman said:

Dayton has played like a top 10 team to start the season. I'm pulling pretty hard for them in these Power 5 matchups. Really hoping they come in to Chaifetz with a top 10-15 ranking. 

Still the best fan experience I've ever had is when Butler came in to the Fetz at #9 and the crowd energy was nearly blew the top off the arena, then we blew the doors off Butler and stormed the court. Think Stevens commented on how it was impossible to call plays or even communicate with his guys in the huddle due to crowd noise. 

Really hoping we can emulate that atmosphere and get a huge resume win when Dayton rolls in.

like Seton Hall...

13 hours ago, EssEllYou said:

A10 KenPom Rankings a/o 11/28....

25 Dayton

38 VCU

71 Davidson

82 Duquesne

86 Richmond

93 Rhode Island

109 Saint Louis

Here is how these teams grade on my system....

A.....Day

B+....Dav...Duq...VCU

B...SLU...RI....Rich...

I think he has VCU too high and Duq and SLU too low. He is having the same problem I am having ...not enough data....after Sunday's game ...I will have enough to evaluate teams.

EssEllYou likes this