French Ties A10 Single Game Record for Rebounds

HoosierPal

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

French was 3 blocks away from a very unique triple double. 

Thank you HP

7 minutes ago, Slowry said:

What constitutes an official block?  I could swear that French had more than 7 blocks.

It's the most missed stat in the game. A block is basically a deflected shot attempt that the statistician remembers to record. Before the internet, I would sometimes watch a game video and chart my own stats for a player or two. It was very common for a player to be credited with up to 3 less blocks than they actually had. One or two missed blocks was almost the norm.

10 hours ago, almaman said:

I'd like to see a block chart showing where his blocks were like they do for shots. One was pretty far from the basket.

French almost got a block with his foot. Unfortunately they called French for a foul on the play but from my vantage his foot got all ball. 😀

SLU_Nick likes this

even with his Shaq ish line work he seems destined to get at least as much a shot as Bess got this year in NBA. Did not think that at this time last year for JB but since he got as much attention as he did HF #s have to draw a bit of attention and he's got 90% of his junior year + next year. 

BTW looks like they've modernized roster page!

jimbofive likes this

Has’ reminds me a lot of NBA Hall of Famer, Wes Unseld. Same height, weight, and bulk, with quick ups, and even more strength. Has’ might already have more ball skills than Unseld did. Unseld was strictly a rebounder and finisher from two feet. To his credit, when compared to Has’, he was a career 63% FT shooter.

Hasahn’s one on one ball skills are terrific, he has great hands, and motors up and down the floor. It amazes me when he blocks a shot on one end, and finishes the break on the other. I realize the talent level and athleticism in the NBA  has improved over the years, but I’m saying they’ll be a place in the league for Has’. Every team can use a full-grown werewolf.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see this posted elsewhere and thought it would be appropriate here. Nice article on French. I had never heard this before...

"Pushing French throughout his robust career at SLU has been junior guard Jordan Goodwin. The pair were looking at SLU and played each other in a high school game. After the game French told Goodwin about Saint Louis saying, “if you go I’ll go.”"

http://archcity.media/2019/11/29/pardon-my-french-but-get-blocked/

4 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I didn't see this posted elsewhere and thought it would be appropriate here. Nice article on French. I had never heard this before...

"Pushing French throughout his robust career at SLU has been junior guard Jordan Goodwin. The pair were looking at SLU and played each other in a high school game. After the game French told Goodwin about Saint Louis saying, “if you go I’ll go.”"

I did not know this 

16 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Wow.  That's the first time I have heard this.

20 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

not saying this didnt happen but i dont recall althoff playing any team from out east.    no way that french came to the metro east area to play a high school game.  i would have remembered that.   

could it have been during an AAU game when they were both still in high school?