Belmont over The Bills by 4

The Wiz

33 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is interesting, Teamrankings just published the vegas inspired expected score for tomorrow's game: Belmont: 73.5, SLU 71.5. This is a 2 pt. spread in favor of Belmont. Team rankings has their confidence ranking for Belmont's win set at 1 star only. As per Vegas and Teamrankings this could be a 50-50 chance game for either team.

If they have Belmont favored by 2, how would that be 50-50?

3star_recruit likes this

11 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

Hey, @The Wiz, with regard to this debate... in your pre-game analyses, you always have the WWN2D2W section, which tends to include players on the opposing teams for us to focus on. Curious what a "W[They]N2D2W" would look like against the Bills? 

Well obviously I would never write a WTN2D2W. section.  However there are some clues for those that are paying attention....I always write a Top 100 ITN after the report card.  To be in the top 100 out of over  4500 players (top 2%) means you are a top player at that time in that category....ie  a player to focus on.  Not that this is breaking news to anyone on this board...but our top  100 representatives are French, Goodwin and Collins.....but just between you and me ...don't tell anyone.

rgbilliken likes this

On 11/22/2019 at 1:09 AM, The Wiz said:

So this will be a little different than the HiP game.  HiP was one of the worst shooting teams in the Div 1....Bel is one of the best.  HiP, overall,  was an F+ team....Bel is an A- ....We are

both scored 55, so thats fun

Before we get to French's historic night....let me pose this scenario....Suppose before the game I told you that The Bills would have their worst FT shooting game of the year....That would be amazingly disappointing but not surprising. And then I told you we win the game in the final  2 mins with FTs.....with French getting the winning shots on FTs....now that is amazing...FTs in this case. would stand for FREe-NCH Throws.

But French will be remembered tonight for tying the A-10 record for most rebs in a game. ...pulling down the most rebs for the Bills in over 60 years and the first 20/20  in 29 years  since Bonner did 45/20 . He will be climbing  that top 100 list not only in rebs but in blks too with 7 tonight.... a night to remember for French.

And let us not forget this was a great win for The Bills....We beat an A- team....The Bills came into the game with a B- rating

So let's take a look at what happened....

From my original post....Bel is currently averaging 86 pts a game. ....So we have 2 choices to win the game ...plan on scoring 87 pts (unlikely ) or to slow them down with some D and hit some shots they will give us.....Well as expected we didn't score 87....and we really didn't make shots....our slash was  F-/ F- F- ...but we did slow them down with great defense...did we ever...Bel one of the best shooting teams in the nation wound up with the same slash as us....F-/ F- / F-

WWN2D2W....Stop Kunkel and Muszynski...hold them to less than 30 pts combined.  Hold Murphy to 7 rebs.  Match or better Bel on TOs....if we have 16+ TOs again , we lose.   Protect the ball.  We need to beat them on the boards.....We did stop  K & M....held them to a crushing 12 pts....great job.... We did not stop Murphy on rebs ...he got 9  ...but as it turns out it didn't matter as you will see in a moment. On TOs we missed on the differential by 4...however , we stayed below the magic 16  ( we had 14) which was important...2 more TOs and we would have lost.....And finally , last but not least , we did dominate them on the boards ...and how....60 to 38.  To me this was the real difference maker in the win and that is why Murphy's 2 extra rebounds didn't matter.

Bottom line. ...I mentioned in another thread , we will play better this game  because we seem to play to the competition...good or bad.  In order to win , we don't need to play better, we need to play our best.

As I predicted , we did play better and we did play to our competition. But here is the best part, looking to the future....we did not play our  best.  I gave you the graded slash above ...here is the actual slash 36/21/41.... imagine if we had made our average slash....upper 40s/ mid 30s/  50s... ... this game is a blow out. 

Let's ring the Bel...Go Bills...We rang it twice...once inside the Fetz as we rang Bel-mont and once outside the Fetz after the game  as we rang the bell on the sidewalk leading to the Fetz

The best is yet to come.