GDT: avoid a low point

wgstl

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an impressive win however the way the team played I do not think we needed to play another tough team.

I hope our injured players resting will have them prepared for Belmont.

4 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

Every team that is supposed to suck at offense always brings their A game against us. And our D sux.  So annoying. 

I mean, defense was frustrating because of The amount of TOs, but it only let up 55 without our best defender. 

It got uncomfortable but not areal challenge all in all.  I think we need to scrap the helter-skelter D and just go lock down man on man.  Giving Belmont open looks will kill us Saturday.

Just now, Taj79 said:

It got uncomfortable but not areal challenge all in all.  I think we need to scrap the helter-skelter D and just go lock down man on man.  Giving Belmont open looks will kill us Saturday.

Agreed. We play like this on Saturday and Belmont beats us by 25+

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

On the other hand, it's not like we didn't know that this squad would be a work-in-progress.  To me, though, the most disturbing things are Goodwin's apparent mental lapses and French's not finishing well.

Which begs the question, why throw so much at these guys this early?

Lock in to a couple of defenses you can solidify? Limit the plays you call (Ford admitted at half he called too many different plays). Why did we have no timeouts with 5 min left against High Point? How has our FT %age gotten worse (or at best stagnated around 50%)? 

I have questions.