Five observations from the Seton Hall woodshed

Sheltiedave

1 hour ago, almaman said:

7-16 in 4 games. if he played 32 games a year with those totals he'd have 224 3's for his career. That would be 6 behind Highmark who's third in career total list. His .437% from the arc would place him second on career list. elaborate on this consistency of which you speak? 

Extrapolating after 1.78% of his potential career of 224 games, well that's a stretch.  Game 1, 3 of 4, Game 2, 1 of 4, Game 3 0 of 1, Game 4 3 of 6.  That's all we have so far.  I hope Jimerson breaks Clag's mark, but four games does not make a career.

Just for context, in Clag's first four regular season games, he was 3 of 11 from 3.  Highmark was 3 of 15 in his first four game.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Extrapolating after 1.78% of his potential career of 224 games, well that's a stretch.  Game 1, 3 of 4, Game 2, 1 of 4, Game 3 0 of 1, Game 4 3 of 6.  That's all we have so far.  I hope Jimerson breaks Clag's mark, but four games does not make a career.

If Jimerson plays 224 games in his SLU career, I guarantee he will break Clag's mark

2 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We did play a legitimate team. We didn’t score when we were open. Our shooting percentage is subpar and our buckets are limited when another team can rebound. We shouldn’t depend on 2nd or 3rd chance shots. We should be making open 2’s and 3’s

We should make our shots. Quality analysis.

Billiken Rich likes this

29 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We did play a legitimate team. We didn’t score when we were open. Our shooting percentage is subpar and our buckets are limited when another team can rebound. We shouldn’t depend on 2nd or 3rd chance shots. We should be making open 2’s and 3’s

The point you aren't getting is that Seton Hall is much better than merely a "legitimate team."

One thing with Jimerson that I thought was interesting is from the story the day of the Seton Hall game and he said he told his teammates he has never played in front of a crowd this large so it took him a couple games to get use to.  I wonder if when he is wide open he still thinks too much about it or gets a little too excited and is missing those.  That is something that will be fixed as he gets use to playing at this level but could be why it seems he misses some open looks.  

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The point you aren't getting is that Seton Hall is much better than merely a "legitimate team."

Legitimate team. A team that has a chance at the tournament and make a run. Who did we play beforehand that is going to be a tourney team? They were scrubs we we beat them like the scrubs they were. The problem is some on this board overhyped them thusly overhyping us when we won 

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Legitimate team. A team that has a chance at the tournament and make a run. Who did we play beforehand that is going to be a tourney team? They were scrubs we we beat them like the scrubs they were. The problem is some on this board overhyped them thusly overhyping us when we won 

I guess the meaning of legitimate is open to individual interpretation.  If you choose words that don't make your meaning so open to interpretation, you'll have fewer arguments.

Who are those who overhyped the Billikens?  Just because we wanted the Bills to beat Seton Hall doesn't mean we were surprised the Pirates won.  Moreover, those of us who were disappointed were disappointed with how the Bills — particularly French, Goodwin, and Thatch — played when the outcome was in the balance, not with the fact that the Bills lost.

bauman likes this

44 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

One thing with Jimerson that I thought was interesting is from the story the day of the Seton Hall game and he said he told his teammates he has never played in front of a crowd this large so it took him a couple games to get use to.  I wonder if when he is wide open he still thinks too much about it or gets a little too excited and is missing those.  That is something that will be fixed as he gets use to playing at this level but could be why it seems he misses some open looks.  

Jimerson is shooting 46/44/80. That’s a great split (small sample size yes) and to expect any better is really not realistic. GJ’s shooting has been awesome so far

BIG BILL FAN, bauman and CBFan like this

There is a set of expectations that is basically guaranteed to happen at least to some degree in the course of a season. The freshmen players will first of all become well acquainted with the crowds, the noise, the speed, and the physicality of a college D1 game. And second of all their skill level and ability to function properly within the D1 environment will increase from the beginning to the end of the season. Not everyone will improve and become comfortable with D1 level of competitive play at the same rate. Some players will do this faster and improve more than others will. It will be fun to watch this happening on our team this year. Jimerson will probably do fine and will improve a lot this season.

None of our FR has played a road game yet. Air travel, 2 days in a hotel, restaurant food, sight seeing, strange arenas w/ different sight lines and lighting, hostile fans mocking them. A whole new world awaits that they're going to have to get used to and will surely impact their play. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

None of our FR has played a road game yet. Air travel, 2 days in a hotel, restaurant food, sight seeing, strange arenas w/ different sight lines and lighting, hostile fans mocking them. A whole new world awaits that they're going to have to get used to and will surely impact their play. 

those two may be a head scratcher

Littlebill likes this

10 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

Jimerson is shooting 46/44/80. That’s a great split (small sample size yes) and to expect any better is really not realistic. GJ’s shooting has been awesome so far

I think his FT % increases. And as he gets more and more comfortable I think he'll start taking high % shots from the field.  So far hes taking a lot of long range 2's aka low % shots thank you RickMa. But I do see the 3% coming down into the high 30's

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I think his FT % increases. And as he gets more and more comfortable I think he'll start taking high % shots from the field.  So far hes taking a lot of long range 2's aka low % shots thank you RickMa. But I do see the 3% coming down into the high 30's

Hush yo mouf!  I believe he'll remain above 40% from 3.

11 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Did you think people here thought we were a top 10 team?

11 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

"Legitimate team" doesn't mean the same thing as "a team that has a legitimate chance of winning it all."  But that's apparently how you're using the term.  No wonder people don't understand you.