GDT: Take Down The Pirates

SLU_Nick

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see the last 10 minutes of the 1st half and Bills were already down double figures. Thought we were hosed by the zebras on French 2nd foul. Then Bell came in and I thought he had some good minutes. It will take quite an effort for any Bills comeback.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Does it feel to you like the Bills are trailing by more or by less?

I have the same question.  Double digit Billiken comebacks to top 15 teams can probably be totaled to um...zero. 

Feels like 15 and hopeless to me 

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

What a disaster of a half. 

Yep.

-We have to make free throws. It's already embarrassing but it's somehow getting worse.

-Powell is a backbreaker. Every time we look like we can keep it in double digits, he hits a 30-footer. He also has that senior guard savvy and knows when to deploy it. He's just an awesome player.

-We need to figure out the offense, and quickly. It's looked so much improved from last season in the first few games and now we're suddenly back to where we were a year ago, but with less experience. Stop standing around. Stop relying on aimless drives.

-Good job getting their bigs in foul trouble, though, even if a few were lucky.

-I love everything Thatch does - except finish. He has to start making shots and finishing. He's having the same start to the season he had last season, shooting-wise. Time to step up and make your FGAs.

-Our big three need a big second half.

We have no margin for error.  On the plus side, their two seven-footers have 3.5 fouls each.  The negative is as it appears.  We need to drive and kick out and Jimmmerson Weaver, Jacobs and Thatch need to make them.  Goodwin and French still need to challenge on drives.  And we need to make the others beat us, not Powell.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Less, but maybe that is my fandom. Watching it in the building to me it doesn’t feel like we are outclassed.

I think it feels that way bc Seton Hall buckets are coming calmly through the flow of their offense.  Not many run out dunks for them that traditionally make a fan feel that it’s a boat race.

the big white guy loves this game after not being able to see the basket against mich st.

bell and Perkins are bright spots.  

French, thatch, Goodwin....have not shown up yet.  Does Goodwin have a rebound yet?

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think it feels that way bc Seton Hall buckets are coming calmly through the flow of their offense.  Not many run out dunks for them that traditionally make a fan feel that it’s a boat race.

the big white guy loves this game after not being able to see the basket against mich st.

bell and Perkins are bright spots.  

French, thatch, Goodwin....have not shown up yet.  Does Goodwin have a rebound yet?

J-Good has 1 rebound.

Never seen French play scared before. After he got his shot blocked he hung around the backcourt trying to handle the ball till he got yanked.

Goodwin playing scared too, pulling up on jumpers instead of taking it to their chest.

Collins is getting mugged on both ends.

Offense has been really stagnant.

We weren't bad defensively. Powell just bails them out. That's why it feels like the game is closer than it is.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yep.

-We have to make free throws. It's already embarrassing but it's somehow getting worse.

-Powell is a backbreaker. Every time we look like we can keep it in double digits, he hits a 30-footer. He also has that senior guard savvy and knows when to deploy it. He's just an awesome player.

-We need to figure out the offense, and quickly. It's looked so much improved from last season in the first few games and now we're suddenly back to where we were a year ago, but with less experience. Stop standing around. Stop relying on aimless drives.

-Good job getting their bigs in foul trouble, though, even if a few were lucky.

-I love everything Thatch does - except finish. He has to start making shots and finishing. He's having the same start to the season he had last season, shooting-wise. Time to step up and make your FGAs.

-Our big three need a big second half.

I actually think our offense has been decent.  We’ve had open looks from ppl we want shooting and they just aren’t dropping. A few looked dead on and just rimmed out.  We should be around 40 points for the half if he hit a couple of open 3s and a couple more FTs. 

Our defense..yikes 

I don't like the weave but they just aren't hitting shots we're trading missed FTs for 3 Pointers by SHU.

Now if got the And1s we'd be golden.

1-3-1 isn't going to be as effective as it was for that 4 min stretch.  Sadly we didn't take advantage.   Need a couple outside shooters to get hot and French to get going.   

I'm hoping their foul trouble pays dividends this half