GDT: Take Down The Pirates

SLU_Nick

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from Chaifetz. It was a great atmosphere. Bills couldn't hit anything to begin. Thatch was pretty bad on offense. Yuri made a couple freshman mistakes. Team got back into it, and crowd was ready to erupt, but team was kind of deflated after French picked up the 2nd foul. Real tough break at the end of half when they could have got it down to 10, but the jump ball with 1 second left went the other way, and they got another 20 seconds. I hate that rule change. 

SH executed great. Sorry for 1st time fans that the Bills couldn't mount anything in 2nd half. Goodwin sat from about the 18 minute mark until 11 minutes left. Seemed weird. A game like this will help this team.

High Point should be an easy win but Belmont just blew out BC on the road. Really good OOC games coming up (Belmont, BC, and of course Auburn lurks). 

I know Coach Ford wants to play a physical style of ball on the defensive side but when they get in the half court on offense who is the top perimeter threat?  Who is going to break the defense down and create for others?  Out of the starters...Yuri does a good job of playmaking off the bench.

The major takeaway from this game is that our press isn't nearly as effective against skilled, athletic scorers. We were overwhelmed by their talent and experience just like we overwhelmed our competition in the first three games.  We'll have to get better in the halfcourt offensively and defensively before we can match up with a team of this caliber.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

The major takeaway from this game is that our press isn't nearly as effective against skilled, athletic scorers. We were overwhelmed by their talent and experience just like we overwhelmed our competition in the first three games.  We'll have to get better in the halfcourt offensively and defensively before we can match up with a team of this caliber.

Next year the Bills should be a team of that caliber.  This year is a building season.

HenryB likes this

Great crowd. We were just beaten by a better much bigger team. In a couple of months this would be a much better game. I thought once the freshmen settled in they played pretty well.  Dont understand the negativity on French .  Thatch didn't look like himself. They did not quit.

Real disappointed Ford didn't show for the postgame show. I hated when Majerus did that. If you can't make it send one of your assistants.

rgbilliken likes this

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Compared to the last 2-3 years, I thought we got a lot of good looks on offense. 

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Sandro Mamu....whatever would probably be the POY in the A10. He is really good.

He is skilled esp for his size, but you take Powell away that team Is a upper A10 team

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Seton Hall is a lot better in general. But I also thought that applied to coaching today. Ford has been great for SLU but he got outcoached just as much as the team got outplayed today

SH is good, I mean good. Glad to lose by a truly skilled team. But adjustments by the coaching staff were late. 

41 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ha.

365144DB-325B-48E5-9488-C288D59AD4B6.png

I suppose the fact that Seton Hall returned pretty much its entire team that lost at home to the Bills last year and wanted to avenge that can't be dismissed as a factor in today's butt-kicking, not withstanding the fact that it's a very different Bills squad.

Billiken Rich likes this