GDT: Take Down The Pirates

SLU_Nick

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to struggle mightily against size and length. Fortunately we don’t play too many teams who have that in spades. I’m very bummed about this game, but am Trying to be optimistic that our team will learn and grow from this loss

1 minute ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Maybe we should have played scorers more. 
TJ and Perkins can score. Our defense was outmatched by our lack of offense 

Perkins played a good amount in the first 30 minutes.  What evidence is there that TJ is a scorer at the D1 level? You’re still a moron.

AGB91 likes this

This was Embarrassing, flat out pathetic. On national tv we show out like that at home, in front of a good crowd.  Our game plan was off, we looked lost most of the game, and we had some players I expect much more from.

i could go on by how much I’m disappointed, but bell, Perkins, and jimmerson game reasons why not to be.

2 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Maybe we should have played scorers more. 
TJ and Perkins can score. Our defense was outmatched by our lack of offense 

I wouldn’t say Tj can score, he missed two easy ones 

3 minutes ago, NH said:

We are going to struggle mightily against size and length. Fortunately we don’t play too many teams who have that in spades. I’m very bummed about this game, but am Trying to be optimistic that our team will learn and grow from this loss

I’m not even sure that’s it, we did Better than I thought we would against their size. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This was Embarrassing, flat out pathetic. On national tv we show out like that at home, in front of a good crowd.  Our game plan was off, we looked lost most of the game, and we had some players I expect much more from.

i could go on by how much I’m disappointed, but bell, Perkins, and jimmerson game reasons why not to be.

Gonna be really good next year. Confused why we didn’t see more of Tay.  I know he got 2 fouls, but he was benched after that. I thought Ford had a really poor game plan. 

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We shot 35.8%. We gave Hall an extra four rebound just in missed jumpers. Add in the missed FTs and you have more than the eight rebound difference.

On 44 opportunities on the Bills' end, SHall outrebounded SLU 32-11.  On 41 opportunities on the Pirates' end, SHall managed 14-27.  Seton Hall dominated the glass, but that's supposed to be the Bills' strength.  I suppose it still is, but Seton Hall outclasses the Bills on the glass today.

8 minutes ago, NH said:

seton hall only out scored us in the paint by four

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Gonna be really good next year. Confused why we didn’t see more of Tay.  I know he got 2 fouls, but he was benched after that. I thought Ford had a really poor game plan. 

I agree. Weaver would have helped a lot, and I’d like to think it’s coaching staff, but our strength  was driving the lane, why did we wait so long for that 

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Also, the 131 - after two wide open threes, it clearly wasn’t working. Why stick with it?

SLU_Lax likes this

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

On 44 opportunities on the Bills' end, SHall outrebounded SLU 32-11.  On 41 opportunities on the Pirates' end, SHall managed 14-27.  Seton Hall dominated the glass, but that's supposed to be the Bills' strength.  I suppose it still is, but Seton Hall outclasses the Bills on the glass today.

You just backed what I said. Thank you.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

If you think bell isn’t ready step TF off.  He was way more than I thought he would be. And that’s his 4th career game against a t15 team

Bell is ready skill wise. He was pretty gassed in the first half. He has come a long way just since the first game condition wise, though.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

We looked like a talented, undersized, inexperienced team that has never been in a game of this magnitude before.  Rhode Island received their ass whipping from a top team last week. We got ours this week. You learn from this and move on.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Bell is ready skill wise. He was pretty gassed in the first half. He has come a long way just since the first game condition wise, though.

I agree, but I though he wa a just a body thru the first 3 games. He’s more than that imo 

31 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Then we just disagree I am watching French work hard under manned at the 4 /5 position and never giving up so for me he is the Werewolf at all times

Right. He played harder than anyone. Double double, 5 blocked shots, instrumental in two of their 7 footers fouling out. 4/12 FT has to change, though.