GDT: Take Down The Pirates

SLU_Nick

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can get contributions from the Big Locomotive and Gibson Jimmmerson, I think the rest of the squad will pour on enough coal to scuttle the Pirates.

Aaargh, make 'em walk the plank an' hang 'em from the yard arms, Cap'n Travis! Gonna miss the first half, but thank God for DVR. Won't be checking out the GDT unless I can catch up at the end thanks to fast forward. 

My concern is our young guys are gonna be a little awed by playing a ranked P6 team. Hopefully, our vets will calm them down. Keys: Defend, French stays out of foul trouble, and our perimeter shooters get hot! 

As Goodwin said in the Post, today will be a really good test and measuring stick to see just what we have.  I think we will need a collective effort on Powell (Thatch can't do what Bess did last year) and we cannot have French, Hankton or Bell getting stupid hedge fouls 45 feet from the basket or moving pick calls on ball handoffs.  We will foul ------ but make them count.

Despite their size, the Hall is a guard's team with Powell, McKnight, Cal and Rhoden.  The big guys are really rim protectors.  Can't let Mamaladouche be a star today either.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

As Goodwin said in the Post, today will be a really good test and measuring stick to see just what we have.  I think we will need a collective effort on Powell (Thatch can't do what Bess did last year) and we cannot have French, Hankton or Bell getting stupid hedge fouls 45 feet from the basket or moving pick calls on ball handoffs.  We will foul ------ but make them count.

Despite their size, the Hall is a guard's team with Powell, McKnight, Cal and Rhoden.  The big guys are really rim protectors.  Can't let Mamaladouche be a star today either.

Just to be clear, Thatch spent a decent amount of time guarding Powell last year (I just recently re-watched to confirm). The key will be Thatch staying out of foul trouble, IMO.

brianstl and HoosierPal like this

I have nothing to support what I am going to say but I think Hargrove could play an important role in today's game. He is extremely fast and quirky, something you need to stop people like Powell, he is also large and athletic and can score. I hope Ford gives Hargrove the OK in this game, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by  what he does. Go Bills!

I believe the place will be packed and hope it will be really loud, looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I have nothing to support what I am going to say but I think Hargrove could play an important role in today's game. He is extremely fast and quirky, something you need to stop people like Powell, he is also large and athletic and can score. I hope Ford gives Hargrove the OK in this game, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by  what he does. Go Bills!

I believe the place will be packed and hope it will be really loud, looking forward to this.

I will be surprised if he see the floor.  Just not ready for prime time.

billiken_roy likes this

Watching Hargrove move on defense during garbage time, especially the very bad form on a close-out.... just not ready to defend a high level wing scorer like Powell. I imagine some combo of Thatch, Jacobs, and Goodwin defend Powell. Haven't watched SH, but won't be shocked if they try to get Jimmerson switched onto Powell when he's in the game. 

billiken_roy likes this

Powell would have Jimerson for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He is very quick. Thatch has to have a Josh Fischer v Dwayne Wade moment today. Even if we hit them with a zone, Powell can shoot 3s. The kid's a player. A really good player. Likely the best we'll see all year. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Imagine being so delusional 

No need for imagination the delusional state is widespread in society. For example house owners trying to sell their house always imagine their house is very special for unrealistic reasons, and invariably imagine it is worth more than it is (sometimes a whole lot more).

Westy03 likes this