SHall over The Bills by 6

The Wiz

33 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

On top of that, it was a road game for Evansville over Kentucky, but the Bills will be playing Seton Hall at home.

I'd still prefer a Billikens win as an underdog even if no one wants to 

When the Bills win it will be an upset. The Billikens by the best ranking are near 100 and were picked to finish what 7th in the A10. Seton Hall is a top 15 team. It'll be an upset

6 hours ago, slu72 said:

ESPN writer Schulz in an article about where the next Evansville is likely. He thinks it's SLU against SH. Cites JGood and French as our mainstays and that the Fetz will be rowdy. No mention of Yurimania, so obviously Ace, in his new role as CYO, needs to get busy! 

That will pale compared to Evansville's win. 

6 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Didn’t Powell and Gordon get into it after the game? He took a cheap shot in the gut from Powell. They had issues during the handshake.

I thought it was Carte'are Gordon. Recall DJ bear hugging CAG and getting him to the locker room.

I am really looking forward to seeing the match up with Seton Halls size verses our speed, shooting and depth.  Keeping our turnovers to 12 and shooting 3 pointers in the high 30 percent range is doable and will balance the Hall’s size.  

Jimerson is due for a breakout shooting game where we can add 5 additional M’s to his name.  Weaver, Goodwin, Perkins, Thatch, and Jacobs will get some 3’s.

Yuri will blow the Hall’s mind with his passing and will make the Hall regret pressing us.

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I thought it was Carte'are Gordon. Recall DJ bear hugging CAG and getting him to the locker room.

One thing is clear to me, SH just lost a big game vs Mich State by 3 pts. There was a questionable ref call involved in the loss. Should it come to happen that they lose to SLU, they are not going to be happy about the outcome.

Wasn’t sure if this was start a new thread worthy.  This is the first thing I’ve seen calling this a White Out game.  I guess wear white if you’re going to the game although with such poor marketing of it I doubt anyone will be able to tell it’s supposed to be a white out.  If it’s just supposed to be a white our for the students, I don’t really get the point since that’s just one section. Why not try harder to get the rest of the fans to participate?

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Wasn’t sure if this was start a new thread worthy.  This is the first thing I’ve seen calling this a White Out game.  I guess wear white if you’re going to the game although with such poor marketing of it I doubt anyone will be able to tell it’s supposed to be a white out.  If it’s just supposed to be a white our for the students, I don’t really get the point since that’s just one section. Why not try harder to get the rest of the fans to participate?

Less than 24hr notice?? Must be just for students since they are getting white jerseys.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:37 AM, WVBilliken said:

I hope the students get word of this and use it during the game.

Well, that wasn't so good.  When the numbers are all bad , you get blown out.  

Let's look at the slash first....35.9/ 35.7/ 56 vs SHall...40/ 34.5/81.... Looking at this...the lines look fairly similar except the foul shooting. The casual fan quickly surmises the poor foul shooting cost us the game. Of course that is not true. Shooting only a semi normal 68% would have only added 5 pts to the Bills score. Let's dissect the slash a little more for a clue.... Let's look at the 2P%....Going into this game the Bills were shooting an amazing 57% from inside the arc (A )....34th ITN. Had we shot a very ordinary 49% from 2 ...we would have scored 7 more baskets...or 14 pts more ...now add the 5 FT s on and you have 19 pts more and a BIlls win. In other words, we went from A shooting to F- from 2P range. This stands out as the largest reason for the loss.

Let's look at the WWN2D2W...for some other contributing clues....

Here is the paragraph from the original post in this thread.

WWN2D2W.....Stop Powell....hold him to 14 pts...,..Slash at 52/39/63...very doable...sadly the hardest thing to do will be the FTs....Make a few more foul shots...ie make more than half...also no open 3s for SHall......Out rebound them....by 5-7 rebs.....TO differential ...We need to have 2 TOs less than them....SHall showed last night they are vulnerable to turning the ball over.   Don't try to shoot over Gill (7'2")...no more than 1 block from him....slow down McKnight ...4 assts.....did I mention  STOP Powell.

Stop Powell....No we didn't

52/ 39/63.......No

sadly the hardest thing to do will be the FTs.....Yes

no open 3s for SH....They had them

Out rebound them...No

TO differential =  -2...No...to be fair here we had an excellent TO total of 11 ...unfortunately they had 10...this was not a major contributor ..although if we had 3 less TOs that would have been worth an additional 6 pts....There were a number of times where we knocked the ball away but didn't get the TO.

Don't shoot over Gill....We did

No more than 1 block from Gill...No...he had 4

McKnight assists   = 4 ...Yes ...he only had 2...small victory here.

Once we got rid of the two  7 footers , we started to score and catch up. We should have been driving more at them earlier to draw fouls and get them out of the game sooner. 

Bottom line ....If your FG% is less than 36% , you aren't going to win too many games.

So is the season over....Here is a quote from my preseason forecast.....

Here is how the season looks to play out....A good start  leads to some early kool aid drinking and NCAA talk....then reality hits when we play Seton Hall.

Well then was this a wasted effort....Heck no.  This was a learning and growth experience which will make us a better team and prepare us for some tough games in conference. This was our toughest game of the year...The Bills have already seen the best....now it is time to learn and move on........and keep practicing those  free throws.   

Go Bills