Littlebill

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

The two things I see in Perkins are:

1. He's got a scorer's mentality. When he gets the ball, he's going to shoot.

2. He looks panicked when he gets the ball, like he doesn't quite know where he needs to be or what else he can do besides shoot.

He needs to settle down, get more acclimated to the system, and get some confidence in his all-around game. He's made some shots in stretches this season but he's not taking particularly good shots and he's taking them way too quickly. I feel like he could really fill it up if he figures it out.

Well, there's always the adage about how long it takes juco transfers to really get comfortable.  By February he'll be locked in.

47 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

As a team, the Bills outrebounded EWU by only one: 41-40.  It's not as "bad" as it looks, though, because the Bills shot 57% and EWU 30%.  Not as many opportunities for the Bills to get offensive rebounds.

True, and how many of their rebounds were from missed fts?

@slu72

Yuri's 11 assists bring him to a season average of 8.33 per game.  Pending other games being played tonight, that ranks him 5th for all of Division I; and 1st among Freshman.

If you haven't asked slu72 if there's room on his Yuri bandwagon by now, you may want to stick that thumb out high and hope he'll pick you up.

Yes, I know it's only 3 games.  But plenty to get excited about.

Yuri Collins is simply incredible. It's only 3 games, but a 5'11 Freshman Point Guard dominating in the fashion that he is dominating is not supposed to happen. He will undoubtedly have rough games but his impact is crazy. 

Weaver is PERFECT for this team. 

French is going to play in the NBA if he ever makes Free Throws. 

Everyone else - Good game. 

6 minutes ago, almaman said:

Once the team gets up to Yurispeed his assists will increase. there were a few easy shots and passes missed.

Totally agree. His vision and anticipation are on another level. Insane hes just a true freshman. Wow..  As other mentioned, we really didn't play well and still blew a team out. Thats insane.  And I got my 3 straight games with 80!