Coach Ford on the Radio

HoosierPal

18 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

This doesn't sound good on Gibson...   We need all hands on Deck for sure now. 

Yeah, I hate foot injuries. A doctor told me one time that foot bones are the most fragile and take time  to heal. Maybe Oldguy can back this up. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread but looks like Ford might have taken some kids out for a shopping spree?  Know it has been said but I continue to be impressed with how he interacts with the community outside the court.  

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but 3 observations from these photos:

1. Unless I'm missing it, I see the whole team except for Jimerson.  Probably not a good sign if his foot doesn't allow him to walk around a store, but maybe he just missed it for other reasons.
  2. French is in the photos, so he is able to walk around the store at least.
  3. Thatch is int he photos and in other tweets with photos he's eating a meal on campus with the kids.  I can't imagine they'd let him around kids if he had some kind of contagious disease.  This makes me skeptical about guesses that he has mono.  I know mono is transferred via saliva, but what if a kid grabbed his fork or cup by mistake.

42 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but 3 observations from these photos:

1. Unless I'm missing it, I see the whole team except for Jimerson.  Probably not a good sign if his foot doesn't allow him to walk around a store, but maybe he just missed it for other reasons.
  3. Thatch is int he photos and in other tweets with photos he's eating a meal on campus with the kids.  I can't imagine they'd let him around kids if he had some kind of contagious disease.  This makes me skeptical about guesses that he has mono.  I know mono is transferred via saliva, but what if a kid grabbed his fork or cup by mistake.

Re Jimerson: he was walking around chaifetz in the boot. I think the more logical explanation for him not going is just that why have him go if he’s deal with ANY foot discomfort? Even if it’s super minor what’s the point of having him walk around if he doesn’t have to. Sh!t the players get golf cart rides even when healthy 

45 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He also could have just had an appointment with a Doctor, training session to work on said injury, or something else related. It doesn't mean he was unable to be there because of how bad the injury is. We'll find out soon enough. 

48 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

#3:  Id assume this may mean no direct illness. 

Travis Ford was guarded today regarding Fred Thatch’s status but said “He feels great. We’re waiting on some test results.” He said those were expected to take 10 days to two weeks. His availability remains uncertain.

per stu

26 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

WTF?  What kind of tests take two weeks?  

The ones that have to be sent off to a special lab located in some other part of the country.  This is not uncommon given that there are only one or two labs that do certain tests.  A friend of mine wife had cancer and one of the tests they did had to go to the only lab that could run it the data in NC and it took at least 2 weeks to get the results back.

The secrecy with Thatch has me concerned for his long term health. If

With the way social media works I’m shocked nothing more has leaked.

If people or media members do know more and I would bet a lot of them do they are keeping quite. What ever it is I’m glad they are protecting his privacy and I hope for a full recovery.

47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

The secrecy with Thatch has me concerned for his long term health. If

With the way social media works I’m shocked nothing more has leaked.

If people or media members do know more and I would bet a lot of them do they are keeping quite. What ever it is I’m glad they are protecting his privacy and I hope for a full recovery.

Not much can leak when they don't know what is causing the issue.

Hold it now, when you talk openly about tests that take 2 weeks to get results on, you are talking about highly specialized tests that are NOT frequently done. This is particularly true if they had to send the samples away to a specialized testing center.

Understand this much, whoever is diagnosing Thatch (it could be a group of Drs, not a single one) has decided that there is something or the other that is uncommon, fits the findings and the locally obtained lab tests, and HAS TO BE RULED OUT before they can continue sleuthing for the cause of his disorder. This is definitely NOT GOOD. All common or not extremely rare disorders can be tested for in St. Louis, period. What they are considering as a possible diagnosis is most likely not common and will most likely not be disclosed publicly.

Among other things this means he does NOT HAVE MONO, which can be diagnosed at any hospital or urgent care center. St. Louis has one of the world top cancer research centers at Wash U. which is capable of all kinds of sophisticated diagnostic tests, including FULL  genome sequencing (not the kind you are likely to get if you have the need for something like that). I believe Thatch is NOT LIKELY to have cancer or an immune problem either all of which can be diagnosed locally What his disorder may be is beyond me and will stay beyond me unless his records are opened, which has the chance of a snowball in hell of happening.

So, there you are, long and short of this is that we, the MBMs, with the information available to us, cannot even start guessing what it is that he has. Period. Pray for Fred Thatch and his family that whatever it is he has is treatable and curable. That is all I can say at this time.

18 hours ago, slu72 said:

Yeah, I hate foot injuries. A doctor told me one time that foot bones are the most fragile and take time  to heal. Maybe Oldguy can back this up. 

Onto Jimerson. During the Maryville game he was walking with a slight limp, no boot or assists (crutches, etc...). I think the likelihood of a fracture is low in this case, unless it is a green stick fracture (not a through and through one), or something like a toe fracture that has to be taped (or pinned if necessary), both of these are generally minor, although you need rest and time to heal lest they become a lot worse than they are. He may on the other hand have a soft tissue injury involving tendons or muscular strain. Sometimes these are harder to resolve than actual fractures, it all depends on whether or not the problem is acute or has been going on for some time. If he had some pain and discomfort and kept on playing on regardless, we could have a bit of an issue here. Again, not much is known about his problem.

26 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hold it now, when you talk openly about tests that take 2 weeks to get results on, you are talking about highly specialized tests that are NOT frequently done. This is particularly true if they had to send the samples away to a specialized testing center.

Understand this much, whoever is diagnosing Thatch (it could be a group of Drs, not a single one) has decided that there is something or the other that is uncommon, fits the findings and the locally obtained lab tests, and HAS TO BE RULED OUT before they can continue sleuthing for the cause of his disorder. This is definitely NOT GOOD. All common or not extremely rare disorders can be tested for in St. Louis, period. What they are considering as a possible diagnosis is most likely not common and will most likely not be disclosed publicly.

Among other things this means he does NOT HAVE MONO, which can be diagnosed at any hospital or urgent care center. St. Louis has one of the world top cancer research centers at Wash U. which is capable of all kinds of sophisticated diagnostic tests, including FULL  genome sequencing (not the kind you are likely to get if you have the need for something like that). I believe Thatch is NOT LIKELY to have cancer or an immune problem either all of which can be diagnosed locally What his disorder may be is beyond me and will stay beyond me unless his records are opened, which has the chance of a snowball in hell of happening.

So, there you are, long and short of this is that we, the MBMs, with the information available to us, cannot even start guessing what it is that he has. Period. Pray for Fred Thatch and his family that whatever it is he has is treatable and curable. That is all I can say at this time.

Onto Jimerson. During the Maryville game he was walking with a slight limp, no boot or assists (crutches, etc...). I think the likelihood of a fracture is low in this case, unless it is a green stick fracture (not a through and through one), or something like a toe fracture that has to be taped (or pinned if necessary), both of these are generally minor, although you need rest and time to heal lest they become a lot worse than they are. He may on the other hand have a soft tissue injury involving tendons or muscular strain. Sometimes these are harder to resolve than actual fractures, it all depends on whether or not the problem is acute or has been going on for some time. If he had some pain and discomfort and kept on playing on regardless, we could have a bit of an issue here. Again, not much is known about his problem.

Jimerson was in a boot during the Maryville game.

53 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The over the top speculation on thatch is starting to get uncomfortable.