Thinking About The Weekend

mrjoelabs

No Nick, it doesn't project well.  It's not impossible but it will be a struggle in my mind.   Even though Cale and McKnight and Rhoden are nothing special, they are older and wiser and more seasoned than our Baby Blues of Collins, Jacobs, and Jimmmerson.  I just don't know that we have anyone available to do the job on Powell that Bess did.  I don't see that in Thatch just yet.  And I don't think you can hand him off to Goodwin what with all the other stuff Goodwin has to do.

Abomb and I sat  on the baseline at the Hall last year and Thompson, Sandro, Gill and Obiagu literally blocked out the sun.  Hell, while on the roster, Taurean Thompson hasn't played a minute for the Hall this year.  He was supposedly a big time get in transferring from Syracuse last year.  Last year, he and Nzei only scored 2 each so we negated them well.  We also had Gordon and this was the game where Gordon nearly caused a fight in the handshake line with Powell when all was said and done.  I think French will be badly outmanned at least in 20 to 25 fouls to give to Hasahn's five. Bell and maybe Diarra might need time.  Given what I had seen of Obiagu and Romero, all we need really is to match up the size.  The four offenses are nothing to write home about.  Gill plays a one-man zone.Last night Rafftery pointed out you need to go at him and go at the rim ----------- so Hasahn's strong moves to the rack might work but any dipsy-doodle stuff will get smacked into the second deck.  

Powell's a gunner and we shut him down last year.  McKnight, Cale, and Nzei did not pick up the slack.  And it was still only a two-point win.  Our seniors countered their relative youth but the shoe is reversed this year.  Have to make someone other than Powell beat you.  And because they are so huge, we cannot just defer to the three point line.  Gonna be a great one to watch.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Think it had alot to do with the score and opponent. Don't think many people leave early during close games or ones that aren't against nobodies. FGCU didn't have the exodus of students I don't think. At least from what I saw. But you are correct. Our 2 or 3 rows of SLUnatics can make plenty of noise during lesser games like that.

i've never left a billiken game early.   so cant understand, "beat the traffic"  "have to get up early"  "got a big exam tomorrow"  etc.  

AGB91 likes this

Sure hope the local media, especially TV, starts promoting this as a big game. PD's been fairly good with coverage to date. If we can knock off SH expect Bills to become a hot ticket. And I sure hope the fat cat corporate types fill those lower bowl seats for this one. 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

You've never left an event for any of the above reasons? They're pretty easy to understand ha 

Ive never left a billiken game early period.    Any reason.   

willie likes this

-CFord mentioned HAS and the NBA on his interview earlier this week and also in the opening of yesterday's show and CFord indicates HAS doesn't really have to change his game much to get a shot at the League, but I have two areas I would like to see improvement, and I LOVE Hasahn French, I LOVE all Billikens but he's one that gets an extra dose, no more fouls outside the lane much less outside the 3pt line, none, zero and he doesn't need to challenge every shot and this will be especially the case against SHall's bigs who are big-- (ft improvement is obvious)

-we need HAS on the floor for all games but especially against better teams so staying out of foul trouble would help our cause

-SHall probably won't be in a good mood after their loss to Mich St, too bad for them as their Monday is also really going to suck

-looks like <1000 tickets remain, hope very soon on Ticketmaster we put the remaining tickets "on sale" to get a full, rocking house

14 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-looks like <1000 tickets remain, hope very soon on Ticketmaster we put the remaining tickets "on sale" to get a full, rocking house

I just convinced 3 friends to go a few minutes ago.  Doing my part.

Its mid day on a sunday, we dont have an NFL team.  Theres no excuse. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Ive never left a billiken game early period.    Any reason.   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqtGWQrfJ4CrsU3su3vln

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Hmm. So do I endure the wrath of Billiken Roy or disappoint 35 hungry teenagers?

40276f3bcc1bd074a7585df7938c396eebeddac2

Just kidding Hoosierpal I’m pretty sure it’s OK if you are doing work for the church.

That’s the only reason though.

Littlebill and HoosierPal like this

Sorry didn't see this posted anywhere. Wanted to make sure everyone was up to date on Stu's mentions before SUnday's game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My week on Twitter 🎉: 6 Mentions, 1.74K Mention Reach, 83 Likes, 9 Retweets, 15.5K Retweet Reach. See yours with <a href="https://t.co/lNdf9clFqV">https://t.co/lNdf9clFqV</a> <a href="https://t.co/7e4GpJvY81">pic.twitter.com/7e4GpJvY81</a></p>&mdash; stu durando (@studurando) <a href="https://twitter.com/studurando/status/1195173782287212549?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

51 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I have to leave the game early on Sunday.  I'm hosting a dinner for our youth at church.  Is that okay?

no buy them standing room only tickets and make them go. 

dlarry and HoosierPal like this