Thinking About The Weekend

mrjoelabs

3 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

3.   And to help our team win the game - by distracting the other team shooting into that end of the court/shooting FT's when the game is on the line in the second half.

And while the students have shown up in recent years, and hope they keep coming, there have been many years where the student section is 20 students or less.   And while on Christmas break, student attendance drops back to very low levels..  No, our Billiken season ticket holders may be old, may leave early, may not like/appreciate the music/tastes of the team/students, may not know what Instagram is much less have an account... but they are sure loyal, have sure supported this program over the years, both financially and with their butts in the seats, have spirit wear older than the average age of the current students, have outlasted bad Presidents, bad Coaches, bad teams, have enjoyed and traveled with the good teams and good Coaches, have lived through conference changes from the Missouri Valley to the Metro, to the MCC, to the Great Midwest, to Conference USA and now to the A-10.  And in my opinion, our Billiken season ticket holders belong exactly where they are -- on both sidelines.

Right. I wish they’d scrap those dumba$$ balloons in the 2nd half 

cgeldmacher likes this

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

guarantee you the people in front of the band would complain about the band's volume being blasted in their ears.  

pretty sure it is common the pep bands at most schools sit front of the end zone at the basket the visitors are shooting at the second half.   i dont recall seeing any band sitting up in the stands.   i am sure some school(s) have it that way, but i am unaware of them. 

btw, my seats are also in 102, and like billikenbooster, i picked them from the onset so i could be close to the band.  

Okay.  I concede.  Leave the band where they are.  They do a great job.

i still do like my idea of a few cheerleaders, possibly male, assigned to the student section to organize the fun, good natured ribbing, and distraction of the other team.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Powell now a game time decision for tonight against MSU.  So much for several weeks on the bench.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/13/seton-hall-hoping-myles-powell-ready-for-michigan-state-battle/

Hoosier Pal, all I can say is that if they want Powell to be active for the season he is better off sitting the game against Mich State. I know he wants to play, and I know they want to play him. We will see what happens.

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hoosier Pal, all I can say is that if they want Powell to be active for the season he is better off sitting the game against Mich State. I know he wants to play, and I know they want to play him. We will see what happens.

i actually see it the opposite.   if i was seton hall i would trot powell out for the big game against the high ranked national program and then plan to sit vs little ole slu who is not ranked or talked about outside of st louis.  

-looks like the last time we scored 80 or more in four consecutive games was in December of 1994 against UMKC, Creighton, Bethune Cookman (103) and SMU, a Spoon coached team in the Great Midwest that went to the second round of the NCAA Tourney

-5 times was in Dec/Jan 1990-91 (the season after AB) over Indiana St, Western Illinois, Northwestern, Bradley and MO St (a loss), a Rich Grawer coached team in the MCC that finished 19-14 and lost to X in what looks like the MCC final

15 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-looks like the last time we scored 80 or more in four consecutive games was in December of 1994 against UMKC, Creighton, Bethune Cookman (103) and SMU, a Spoon coached team in the Great Midwest that went to the second round of the NCAA Tourney

-5 times was in Dec/Jan 1990-91 (the season after AB) over Indiana St, Western Illinois, Northwestern, Bradley and MO St (a loss), a Rich Grawer coached team in the MCC that finished 19-14 and lost to X in what looks like the MCC final

well,  unlike EWU, im not even thinking about the possibility to hit the 80 mark Sunday

The bigger they are the harder they fall. I am not saying it will happen but it may. Powell may be recovered enough to play today against MS,  which appears like it will be a hard fought game. Although I doubt this is the case and that he is actually well enough to play, he does want to play and will play. He will either re-injure himself during the game or not. In either case it is a gamble for SH. I would not be certain that he will play Sunday against us, or what condition he will be in if he does play against us after playing against MS. He may play just fine or not, who knows what will happen?

Teamrankings site has us favored to win this game with 3 stars of confidence as of now. Prior to our win against EWU they favored us but with only one star of confidence. The Vegas spread will not be available until the day prior to the game.

I think we can win this game, trees or no trees. Powell or no Powell. I will be the first to agree that I have little, other than teamrankings evaluation, to base my opinion upon and that I may be wrong.

28 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The bigger they are the harder they fall. I am not saying it will happen but it may. Powell may be recovered enough to play today against MS,  which appears like it will be a hard fought game. Although I doubt this is the case and that he is actually well enough to play, he does want to play and will play. He will either re-injure himself during the game or not. In either case it is a gamble for SH. I would not be certain that he will play Sunday against us, or what condition he will be in if he does play against us after playing against MS. He may play just fine or not, who knows what will happen?

Teamrankings site has us favored to win this game with 3 stars of confidence as of now. Prior to our win against EWU they favored us but with only one star of confidence. The Vegas spread will not be available until the day prior to the game.

I think we can win this game, trees or no trees. Powell or no Powell. I will be the first to agree that I have little, other than teamrankings evaluation, to base my opinion upon and that I may be wrong.

We got 10 fouls between twin towers then Hankton's 5 .

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Powell doesn't look slower. Their height scares me. They got some trees. 30-27 MSU at half. We're gonna have our hands full. Thatch or JGood's gonna have to guard Powell. French has to stay out of foul trouble. If he doesn't we've got big problems. 

Seton Hall will be a load for us from what I have seen so far.