Our first Away game opponent, BC

bauman

I just watched the BC---U. So. Fla. game in which USF was a 6 point favorite on their home court.  BC was not projected to be very good this year, they looked much better than I expected.  BC won 74-60.  Much like us they added a few players who were not considered in many of the pre season polls.  Their top scorer (# 11, Thornton) in their first two games will be a handful who I hope JG or FT Jr will be able to somewhat control.  He was a 5 * recruit who went to Duke, then at some point transferred to So Cal and is now a Grad Tr at BC.  He had 23 in their opener against Wake and 22 on the road against USF.  They also have two FR guards who had good games.  One of them, #2 , looks like the BC version of Jimerson.  Their Center is a less talented Grant Golden (Richmond) who is just ok, at best.  They had quite a few turnovers and did not appear to be a very good rebounding team-USF had a large # of Offensive rebounds.  Their JG, lite person is Mitchell who does a little bit of everything, just not as well as JG.

They have 2 nice wins to start the year.  Wake Forest at BC and USF away.  It will be a tough first road game.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

They have 2 nice wins to start the year.  Wake Forest at BC and USF away.  It will be a tough first road game.

I just watched Wake squeak out a 65-63 home win over Columbia after being down 4 with :45 to go. Wake is terrible so I'm not sure how impressive a win is over them. Still, I know Thornton is good and their big is decent so we'll have to play well to beat them.

2 hours ago, bauman said:

I just watched the BC---U. So. Fla. game in which USF was a 6 point favorite on their home court.  BC was not projected to be very good this year, they looked much better than I expected.  BC won 74-60.  Much like us they added a few players who were not considered in many of the pre season polls.  Their top scorer (# 11, Thornton) in their first two games will be a handful who I hope JG or FT Jr will be able to somewhat control.  He was a 5 * recruit who went to Duke, then at some point transferred to So Cal and is now a Grad Tr at BC.  He had 23 in their opener against Wake and 22 on the road against USF.  They also have two FR guards who had good games.  One of them, #2 , looks like the BC version of Jimerson.  Their Center is a less talented Grant Golden (Richmond) who is just ok, at best.  They had quite a few turnovers and did not appear to be a very good rebounding team-USF had a large # of Offensive rebounds.  Their JG, lite person is Mitchell who does a little bit of everything, just not as well as JG.

aint scared.

But yes, their better than I thought