Seton Hall

NextYearBill

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The real question here is for whom?

The prestigious Urban Dictionary defines a Trap Game as  "a game played against an opponent generally deemed to be easy to defeat. As a result a person or team may not prepare as thoroughly as they would for a formidable opponent. Often this attitude and its attendant lack of preparation lead to a loss."

Seton Hall is the 12th ranked team in the country.  The Bills are rated 127 on KenPom.  Therefore, this is a potential trap game for Seton Hall (although I doubt it as we beat them last year).  I cannot imagine SLU would overlook Seton Hall, with or without Powell, as this is probably the marquee game on its non-conference schedule and will be played in front of a large home crowd.

From the Seton Hall basketball forum.  https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/powell-expected-to-miss-several-games.42566/

This is why such a challenging schedule is so dangerous.
Because next Sunday’s game @ St Louis should be a win with or without Powell and now will likely be played without him.

Some posters are suggesting Willard is blowing smoke to throw off Michigan State.

2 hours ago, Billfan7 said:

The prestigious Urban Dictionary defines a Trap Game as  "a game played against an opponent generally deemed to be easy to defeat. As a result a person or team may not prepare as thoroughly as they would for a formidable opponent. Often this attitude and its attendant lack of preparation lead to a loss."

Seton Hall is the 12th ranked team in the country.  The Bills are rated 127 on KenPom.  Therefore, this is a potential trap game for Seton Hall (although I doubt it as we beat them last year).  I cannot imagine SLU would overlook Seton Hall, with or without Powell, as this is probably the marquee game on its non-conference schedule and will be played in front of a large home crowd.

The ranking of a team depends on whose ranking system you are using. I use Teamrankings which has Seton Hall at 20 and SLU at 131. Yes, they probably think we are a cakewalk. Prior to our game they are playing Mich State (2), and after our game they are playing Oregon (16), and Maryland (9). This will be a tough game, no question about it, particularly if Mich State beats them badly. However, to think about it, it is bad to come right after their Mich State game. If they win it they may feel like they own the world and go ahead and show it with us as an example.

This is the bad side of this game. On the good side, if you look at the game stats for this season (I know it is only 2 games), we are not that way of from them in terms of stats, and go over them in a number of items. If all goes well and the refs do not exercise their power show off by fouling French and Thatch early in the game, who knows we might beat them. Think positive, these are the Bills 2019-2020.