Blue victory light

pakapablo

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Even if they turn it on it is hard to see.

It must be burned out or got disconnected during the recent arena lighting upgrade. On my walk back to the sigma lot after games in the past you could easily see it. Not this season. BTW, the lighting upgrade is nice. Much easier on the eyes for fans but the court seems well lit. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, pakapablo said:

It must be burned out or got disconnected during the recent arena lighting upgrade. On my walk back to the sigma lot after games in the past you could easily see it. Not this season. BTW, the lighting upgrade is nice. Much easier on the eyes for fans but the court seems well lit. 

The stands are noticeably darker this year, very similar to how all pro NBA stadiums are. I like it, especially when there are people disguised as empty seats in these early games.

NextYearBill likes this

They need to turn pushing the blue light switch into a event after every win. Put a plunger or a big button at the entrance to the student section. Cover the plunger with a clear box that can only be opened after a win "like Deal or no Deal" - find a sponsor to support it - you can have a player, student, alumni, fan push the button and the light turns on. The blue light was something unique about Chaifetz when it was opened and they need to capitalize on it.

dlarry likes this

13 minutes ago, kshoe said:

The stands are noticeably darker this year, very similar to how all pro NBA stadiums are. I like it, especially when there are people disguised as empty seats in these early games.

Once Danny Mac pointed that out I started noticing it in other college games this weekend. I like it.

The Blue light: a traditional unlike any other....in that it isn't a tradition.

I also caught some of the Seton Hall game this weekend and noticed they were playing in a grade school gym. Don't they usually play at the Prudential Center? Is that under renovation? Conflict that day with the Devils?

Image result for puddy go devils gif

14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Once Danny Mac pointed that out I started noticing it in other college games this weekend. I like it.

The Blue light: a traditional unlike any other....in that it isn't a tradition.

I also caught some of the Seton Hall game this weekend and noticed they were playing in a grade school gym. Don't they usually play at the Prudential Center? Is that under renovation? Conflict that day with the Devils?

Image result for puddy go devils gif

conflict with something 

• 2 weeks later...

i had an event last night and had to miss the game... i recorded the game and managed to steer clear of spoilers.... but i knew there was potential for the blue light on my way home.... so i drove 15 minutes out of my way to avoid the sight of Chaifetz.... what an amazing treat waiting for me on my DVR... 

RUBillsFan and rgbilliken like this

3 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

i had an event last night and had to miss the game... i recorded the game and managed to steer clear of spoilers.... but i knew there was potential for the blue light on my way home.... so i drove 15 minutes out of my way to avoid the sight Chaifetz.... what an amazing treat waiting for me on my DVR... 

This is some psycho a$$ sh!t, that I respect the hell out of.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, FromDaEastSide said:

They need to turn pushing the blue light switch into a event after every win. Put a plunger or a big button at the entrance to the student section. Cover the plunger with a clear box that can only be opened after a win "like Deal or no Deal" - find a sponsor to support it - you can have a player, student, alumni, fan push the button and the light turns on. The blue light was something unique about Chaifetz when it was opened and they need to capitalize on it.

I like this idea. How does one run this idea past sports marketing?

cheeseman likes this

51 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I like this idea. How does one run this idea past sports marketing?

Tweeting it to Slumbb, slunatics, Billiken athletics and Travis Ford would likely result in somebody seeing it.  I think they are now very open to ideas that will get more students involved. 

3 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

i had an event last night and had to miss the game... i recorded the game and managed to steer clear of spoilers.... but i knew there was potential for the blue light on my way home.... so i drove 15 minutes out of my way to avoid the sight of Chaifetz.... what an amazing treat waiting for me on my DVR... 

good job you made it through without knowing?  now burn through the GDT.