Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
pakapablo

Blue victory light

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, pakapablo said:

Is it burned out? Haven't seen it the last two home victories.

Even if they turn it on it is hard to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Even if they turn it on it is hard to see.

It must be burned out or got disconnected during the recent arena lighting upgrade. On my walk back to the sigma lot after games in the past you could easily see it. Not this season. BTW, the lighting upgrade is nice. Much easier on the eyes for fans but the court seems well lit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can barely see it when it is on.  They needed to put it on a tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, thetorch said:

You can barely see it when it is on.  They needed to put it on a tower.

Agreed. It always should have been something more like this: 

cont-night.jpg.3956612dff0afb5a64d550d893c2f20f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, billikenfan05 said:

The Billiken blue victory light: a tradition that never really caught on 

And it’s a shame, I thought it was always cool to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Compton said:

Agreed. It always should have been something more like this: 

cont-night.jpg.3956612dff0afb5a64d550d893c2f20f.jpg

 

Or just bathe the building's exterior in blue flood lights when they win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, pakapablo said:

It must be burned out or got disconnected during the recent arena lighting upgrade. On my walk back to the sigma lot after games in the past you could easily see it. Not this season. BTW, the lighting upgrade is nice. Much easier on the eyes for fans but the court seems well lit. 

The stands are noticeably darker this year, very similar to how all pro NBA stadiums are. I like it, especially when there are people disguised as empty seats in these early games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to turn pushing the blue light switch into a event after every win. Put a plunger or a big button at the entrance to the student section. Cover the plunger with a clear box that can only be opened after a win "like Deal or no Deal" - find a sponsor to support it - you can have a player, student, alumni, fan push the button and the light turns on. The blue light was something unique about Chaifetz when it was opened and they need to capitalize on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kshoe said:

The stands are noticeably darker this year, very similar to how all pro NBA stadiums are. I like it, especially when there are people disguised as empty seats in these early games.

Once Danny Mac pointed that out I started noticing it in other college games this weekend. I like it.

The Blue light: a traditional unlike any other....in that it isn't a tradition.

I also caught some of the Seton Hall game this weekend and noticed they were playing in a grade school gym. Don't they usually play at the Prudential Center? Is that under renovation? Conflict that day with the Devils?

Image result for puddy go devils gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Once Danny Mac pointed that out I started noticing it in other college games this weekend. I like it.

The Blue light: a traditional unlike any other....in that it isn't a tradition.

I also caught some of the Seton Hall game this weekend and noticed they were playing in a grade school gym. Don't they usually play at the Prudential Center? Is that under renovation? Conflict that day with the Devils?

Image result for puddy go devils gif

conflict with something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...