GDT: Valpo

gobillsgo

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hankton is not a four, whatever we get from him at that spot must be considered gravy.  He is a three, maybe a stretch 4 at best.  That's why he launches as soon as he gets that open three look.  But he is playing Cody ball and contributing elsewhere.

Dumping all my comments at once. I had a toddler in my lap for most of the half and an infant for the last 8 minutes.

This depth is a luxury we haven't known in quite some time. It's nice to know that French and Thatch can head to the bench with two fouls and the wheels don't come off.

We defend the guard position extremely well. Between Goodwin, Collins, Weaver, and Thatch, I would hate to be playing any guard position against us.

Beyond French, we're gonna struggle guarding opposing bigs at times this year.

Glad Valpo's hot start cooled, in no small part because of our defense. They play fast and confident and shoot as soon as they have a good look. I can see why it worked so well out of the gate against us.

Jacobs is finally having that game.

Hargrove is officially not redshirting. Good to put that conversation to bed.

Goodwin was third-team all-conference in the preseason. You can't tell me there are 5-6 guys in the league who do more than him, though. Several other guys will outscore him in the A10 this season and will probably eat up first team spots in the end and he'll probably end up on the second team. I hope I'm wrong. He does everything and he's everywhere. It's a marvel to watch.