2019-2020 Record Tracking

Pistol

2 hours ago, NH said:

Yeah like I said, I didn't mean that as an argument or disagreement with what you guys were saying. I totally see where you're coming from.

I only wanted to say that Tommie deserves a lot of credit for his shooting, and is probably underrated by Billikens fans in terms of his accuracy. 37% for his career (on 291 attempts) is pretty impressive for a guy who at one point seemed incapable of making a three,

For sure.  There is also something to be said about a guy playing to his strengths / knowing his limitations and not jacking up a bunch of 3s.  Tommie didn't take a ton of 3s, but he generally made the ones he did take count.  I think early on we've seen that Yuri Collins is an example of that type of player.  He's shooting over 60% from 3 on just 8 attempts.  Despite the %, Yuri knows he's not a long range gunner ala Jimerson, so he's going to continue to pick his spots to shoot open 3s if they're available.  I'm sure his % will come down from 60%, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Yuri keep it higher than expected just because he's not taking any bad ones.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, almaman said:

If GJ done for the year will have 54 attempted 3's so hits the 50 min for stats and finishes 1 % point off leader freshman 3pt% Marcus Barkley the finished with .430. 

But if he gets a medical hardship waiver, he'll still have next year to be his freshman year.  (I'm not sure if this year's stats would factor in — I doubt it — but I know they'll count towards his career stats.)

11 hours ago, almaman said:

If GJ done for the year will have 54 attempted 3's so hits the 50 min for stats and finishes 1 % point off leader freshman 3pt% Marcus Barkley the finished with .430. 

There is more:  Gibson finishes in a tie with McBroom for 8th best Single Season 3 FG% at 0.42857 (yes even at five decimals they tie.)  And while there is no listed qualifying shooting quantity, Gibson's average of 10.8 ppg is 11th in the Freshman Single Season list.

31 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

But if he gets a medical hardship waiver, he'll still have next year to be his freshman year.  (I'm not sure if this year's stats would factor in — I doubt it — but I know they'll count towards his career stats.)

This would be unprecedented territory for SLU SID.  Past GT players (Isabell, Wiley, and Anthony) all were tabulated on the Senior List.  Isabell's assist total of last season is listed as 8th on the Senior List.  Bess and Foreman were also Graduate Students listed as Seniors in the records.  But all of these players only played in four seasons.

I don't know how they would handle a 5 year player's extra season.  But we are a long way from seeing what Brian will do with that scenario.

41 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You are correct. They're counted in his total stats but once he's awarded an additional season, the new freshman year stats take precedence over the aborted freshman year stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Through the first two conference games:

-Tay Weaver has a shot at total 3-point FGs if his volume stays high like it has lately, but he has a stronger shot at 3FG%. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 16-41, for .390.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 15.1 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Same with total points (has 227, needs 459). He has 162 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.8 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish very close to the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 49, needs 112). He already has 35 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also likely going to fall this season.

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 161 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so I expect him to shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, and anything above 44 gets him in the all-class top 10, where he owns the 3rd and 5th place marks. He currently has 36, already fourth for juniors; Kelvin Henderson (42) will be the next one he passes. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall are also among the 19 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 141 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.1 RPG would put him 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. His scoring is off pace for the top 10 lists but he has a small chance to make those if he goes nuts in conference.

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 but his pace has slowed enough that it looks out of reach now.

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins is still on pace to shatter the freshman assist record (113, Kwamain Mitchell) and is currently at 87, 6th on the freshman list. He could pass Josh Fisher (89) and Mike McCall (93) in his next game. If he continues to average 5.8 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He only needs to average about 3.5 per game to take the freshman mark, though. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and he should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins will also place high on the freshman steals list; he has 24 already and needs 33 to bump Anthony Bonner from this list.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the top 10 but with enough attempts to finish second in 3FG% to Bartley, with .429. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 16-21 for .762, which would be good for 8th place.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists.

-Madani Diarra has also not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Zink, billiken_roy and Adman like this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Through the first two conference games:

-Tay Weaver has a shot at total 3-point FGs if his volume stays high like it has lately, but he has a stronger shot at 3FG%. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 16-41, for .390.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 15.1 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Same with total points (has 227, needs 459). He has 162 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.8 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish very close to the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 49, needs 112). He already has 35 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also likely going to fall this season. Jordan is currently 3rd in Career Minutes Per Game, sitting between Liddell and Bonner.  Jordan currently sits 5th in Career Steals.  He likely will top Bonner's 192 before he is done. And Jordan could join the Career Top 20 Rebounds list in the next week.

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 161 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so I expect him to shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, and anything above 44 gets him in the all-class top 10, where he owns the 3rd and 5th place marks. He currently has 36, already fourth for juniors; Kelvin Henderson (42) will be the next one he passes. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall are also among the 19 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 141 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.1 RPG would put him 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. His scoring is off pace for the top 10 lists but he has a small chance to make those if he goes nuts in conference. French is currently 15th in Career Rebounds. 

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 but his pace has slowed enough that it looks out of reach now.  Jacobs could hit the Soph list for 3FG%.  He's 35.3% trails 10th place Drejaj's 36.3%.  Jacobs has to take 21 more attempts to qualify.

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins is still on pace to shatter the freshman assist record (113, Kwamain Mitchell) and is currently at 87, 6th on the freshman list. He could pass Josh Fisher (89) and Mike McCall (93) in his next game. If he continues to average 5.8 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He only needs to average about 3.5 per game to take the freshman mark, though. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). [Isn't Roder's single season record, just WAY out there.]  Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and he should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins will also place high on the freshman steals list; he has 24 already and needs 33 to bump Anthony Bonner from this list.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the top 10 but with enough attempts to finish second in 3FG% to Bartley, with .429. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 16-21 for .762, which would be good for 8th place. Hargrove is at 54.3% FG.  He has taken 46.  100 attempts are needed to qualify for record lists, but at his current rate he will meet that threshold.  If he maintains 54.3%, he would be 7th on the Freshman Season List.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Excellent job as usual Pistol.  Some additions in Red.

Pistol and Zink like this

Roder's record is certainly way out there. I had never processed his name until recently, when I really started digging into these records. He's from before my time and not a very strong era. But dude was a walking dime, that's for sure.

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Roder's record is certainly way out there. I had never processed his name until recently, when I really started digging into these records. He's from before my time and not a very strong era. But dude was a walking dime, that's for sure.

He had 18 against S. Miss, a SLU record that may never be broken.  He did have Gray, Douglass and Bonner to dish to.  I may be wrong on this, but I think he transferred here after a couple of years at Kansas State, playing for Hartman. KSU has a long history of stealing local talent. 

DeSmet grad? 

Yeah, I'm wrong about the era - he played for a better team than I realized. I thought he just preceded those guys. SLU went 18-12 his junior year (1985-1986) and 25-10 the following year.

He averaged 6.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG, and 3.9 APG (Darryl Lenard averaged 4.0) the first season with Douglass, Gray, Hudson, Mimlitz, and Lenard.

He jumped to 6.4 PPG, 2.8 RPG, and 6.7 APG when Lenard graduated and Bonner came in. Bonner was the third leading scorer, behind Gray and Douglass.

235 is a huge number for a season and that team played 35 games, which will be tough to reach this year. They lost to Xavier in the third round (final?) of the MWC conference tournament, beat Saint Peter's in the first round of the NIT, and lost to Southern Miss in their second NIT game. They actually started 12-1 but finished the regular season 20-8 after a 7-5 conference showing (the conference season wasn't a clean second half of the year like it is now; the first conference game was on 12/30/86 and non-conference games were sprinkled throughout).

Anyway, if Collins settles into the college game more, stays healthy, gets his turnovers down, and has more targets on offense, as he should next season, bumping his average from 5.8 APG to 6.7 APG isn't out of the question.

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He had 18 against S. Miss, a SLU record that may never be broken.  He did have Gray, Douglass and Bonner to dish to.  I may be wrong on this, but I think he transferred here after a couple of years at Kansas State, playing for Hartman. KSU has a long history of stealing local talent. 

DeSmet grad? 

Yes. He was a transfer. 

Through the first four conference games, and just past the mid-point of the season (based on 17 of 32 scheduled games; hopefully we play more than that):

-Tay Weaver has a shot at total 3-point FGs if his volume rebounds, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 16-44, for .364.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 16.1 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 273, needs 459). He has 179 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.5 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish very close to the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 49, needs 112). He already has 38 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also likely going to fall this season. He is currently 3rd in Career Minutes Per Game, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. He's 6th in career steals, just 9 behind Mike McCall. He likely will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He has 644 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10 - @HoosierPal, is he in the top 20 yet?

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 170 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so I expect him to shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season - he currently has 45, which is good for second. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 10th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 163 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.2 RPG would tie Bonner for 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. His scoring is off pace for the top 10 lists but he has a small chance to make those if he goes nuts in conference. With 693, French is currently 15th (@HoosierPal - update?) in career rebounds and just 20 short of the all-time top 10.

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently. He could go on a tear and get FT% in play but he's a long shot for anything at this time.

-Demarius Jacobs is just off the mark for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently .351 (20-57). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 but his pace has slowed enough that it looks like a long shot.

-Yuri Collins is still on pace to shatter the freshman assist record (113, Kwamain Mitchell) and is currently at 97, good for 4th on the freshman list. Goodwin is the next domino to fall, at third with 103. If he continues to average 5.7 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He only needs to average about 3.5 per game to take the freshman mark, though. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins will also place high on the freshman steals list; he has 27 already and needs 33 to bump Anthony Bonner from this list.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 18-23 for .783, which would tie Roland Gray for third place. He's also .521 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 25-48 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .500 from the field on 50 attempts, so that's one to watch.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Through the first four conference games, and just past the mid-point of the season (based on 17 of 32 scheduled games; hopefully we play more than that):

-Tay Weaver has a shot at total 3-point FGs if his volume rebounds, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 16-44, for .364.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 16.1 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 273, needs 459). He has 179 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.5 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish very close to the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 49, needs 112). He already has 38 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also likely going to fall this season. He is currently 3rd in Career Minutes Per Game, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. He's 6th in career steals, just 9 behind Mike McCall. He likely will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He has 644 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10 - @HoosierPal, is he in the top 20 yet?  Goodwin is 18th.  But as you know, there is a little 'noise' in the rebounding list. 

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 170 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so I expect him to shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season - he currently has 45, which is good for second. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 10th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 163 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.2 RPG would tie Bonner for 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. His scoring is off pace for the top 10 lists but he has a small chance to make those if he goes nuts in conference. With 693, French is currently 15th (@HoosierPal - update?) in career rebounds and just 20 short of the all-time top 10.  French is up to 12th.

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently. He could go on a tear and get FT% in play but he's a long shot for anything at this time.

-Demarius Jacobs is just off the mark for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently .351 (20-57). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 but his pace has slowed enough that it looks like a long shot.

-Yuri Collins is still on pace to shatter the freshman assist record (113, Kwamain Mitchell) and is currently at 97, good for 4th on the freshman list. Goodwin is the next domino to fall, at third with 103. If he continues to average 5.7 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He only needs to average about 3.5 per game to take the freshman mark, though. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins will also place high on the freshman steals list; he has 27 already and needs 33 to bump Anthony Bonner from this list.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 18-23 for .783, which would tie Roland Gray for third place. He's also .521 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 25-48 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .500 from the field on 50 attempts, so that's one to watch.

Pistol likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Through the first seven conference games:

-Tay Weaver still has a shot at senior total 3-point FGs if his volume continues to increase, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 23-62, for .371.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 15.6 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 311, needs 459). He has 217 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.9 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish outside the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 55, needs 112). He already has 40 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also possibly going to fall this season. He is currently third in career MPG, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. He's 6th in career steals, just 7 behind Mike McCall. He likely will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He has 682 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10. Goodwin is currently third in career minutes per game, at 34.2 MPG.

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 176 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so he will shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season - he currently has 51, which is good for second. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 8th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 205 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.8 RPG would be 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average (10.9 RPG, second all-time for juniors). His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 735 rebounds, French is now 9th all-time in career rebounds. He will likely pass Tommie Liddell (740) for 8th in the next game and Joe Wiley (747) for 7th in two games.

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently despite his recent uptick in production. He could go on a tear and get FT% in play (at .764, needs .805 for 10th) but he's a long shot for anything at this time.

-Demarius Jacobs is off the mark for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently .339 (20-59). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but his pace has slowed enough that he's a distant long shot now (has 16, needs 39).

-Yuri Collins is now tied with Kwamain Mitchell for the freshman assist record (113) and will own it with one more in the next game. If he continues to average 5.7 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should definitely top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins is tied with Carlos McCauley for 9th on the freshman steals list, with 33, bumping Anthony Bonner and his 32 from the top 10. He needs one more to tie Dwayne Polk and two to tie Anthony Drejaj.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 20-25 for .800, which would put him in third place. He's also .474 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 27-57 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .463 from the field on 54 attempts, so that's one to watch if he gets more efficient and also hits 100 attempts.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing into career lists, and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Through the first seven conference games:

-Tay Weaver still has a shot at senior total 3-point FGs if his volume continues to increase, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 23-62, for .371.

-Jordan Goodwin is on several sophomore top-10 lists after last season and will chase - and probably get - a bunch of junior records this season. His scoring average of 15.6 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 311, needs 459). He has 217 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.9 RPG would put him 7th all-time among juniors. He'd finish outside the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 55, needs 112). He already has 40 steals and needs 44, so he's definitely going to make that one; the junior record of 59 is also possibly going to fall this season. He is currently third in career MPG, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. He's 6th in career steals, just 7 behind Mike McCall. He likely will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He has 682 career rebounds (currently 14th place) and needs 713 to crack the top 10.  Jordan is currently 3rd in Career Minutes Played per Game at 34.2.

-Hasahn French is now the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 176 and counting. The junior record for blocks would only be 4th on the sophomore list, so he will shatter the junior record (55, Ian Vouyoukas) this season - he currently has 51, which is good for second. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 8th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 205 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.8 RPG would be 8th all-time among juniors, even when accounting for Goodwin's average (10.9 RPG, second all-time for juniors). His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 735 rebounds, French is now 9th all-time in career rebounds. He will likely pass Tommie Liddell (740) for 8th in the next game and Joe Wiley (747) for 7th in two games.

French is currently at 30.7 mpg, which is 16th all time.

-Javonte Perkins is not in play for any junior records currently despite his recent uptick in production. He could go on a tear and get FT% in play (at .764, needs .805 for 10th) but he's a long shot for anything at this time.

-Demarius Jacobs is off the mark for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently .339 (20-59). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but his pace has slowed enough that he's a distant long shot now (has 16, needs 39).

-Yuri Collins is now tied with Kwamain Mitchell for the freshman assist record (113) and will own it with one more in the next game. If he continues to average 5.7 APG, he will register close to 200 on the season. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a reasonable goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should definitely top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins is tied with Carlos McCauley for 9th on the freshman steals list, with 33, bumping Anthony Bonner and his 32 from the top 10.  Collins is 9th in Freshman Steals tied with McCauley, one behind Polk, two behind Drejaj.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the top 10 but with enough attempts to finish second in 3FG% to Bartley, with .429. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.  I have Gibby tied with McBroom for 8th in season 3%.  50 attempts needed and he had 56.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 20-25 for .800, which would put him in third place. He's also .474 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 27-57 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .463 from the field on 54 attempts, so that's one to watch if he gets more efficient and also hits 100 attempts.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing into career lists, and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Additions in red.  When a player jumps into a Top 10 or 20 list, I keep all previous record holders on the list  Hence over 30 years, my lists are longer than what are on the Record Site.

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Additions in red.  When a player jumps into a Top 10 or 20 list, I keep all previous record holders on the list  Hence over 30 years, my lists are longer than what are on the Record Site.

Thanks, and I made some edits to make sure to capture yours next time I update. I tend to stop at 10 on most lists, though, since it's what people can see in the record book.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, Littlebill said:

Goodwin is also at 988 points for his career. Unfortunately, it seems like he won't hit 1,000 at home. (Or he better not at least)

Not enough was made of this last night. Goodwin scored 12 points and reached 1,000 for his career.

Yes, it did take a 4-19 / 1-3 / 3-6 shooting night to do it, but he did it and he's the 32nd player in program history to accomplish that. He will move up the list plenty more over the rest of the season - next up is Bob Cole, #31 at 1,016 career points.

Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assists record outright, with 118. He entered last night's game tied with Kwamain Mitchell for the record at 113. Next for him is to move into the overall season record list. Josh Fisher's 2003-2004 season is 10th, with 138. Jim Roder's all-time record of 235 will be hard to reach barring a huge postseason run, but Charles Newberry's 193 second place mark isn't out of the question. Jordair Jett's senior season is third at 164 and I'm confident YC will bump him down a spot. At his current pace of 5.6 APG, Collins would finish the regular season with 174 assists, so his ability to catch Newberry may depend on how many A10 Tournament and NIT/NCAA Tournament games we play.

Hasahn French is now tied with Ian Vouyoukas for the all-time junior season blocks record, with 55. This is tied for seventh overall for blocks in a season, and it looks like French will break that all-time SLU season record held by Willie Reed, who had 73 blocks in his sophomore year. He's on pace to finish the regular season with 83 at his current rate of 2.8 BPG. His career mark now stands at 180 and he is on pace to finish his SLU career with more than double the second place mark (Vouyoukas, 135).

( @The House That Rick Built @billikenfan05 Several weeks ago you were discussing who the best shot blocker in SLU history was and tried to make a case for Reed based on his sophomore season and the potential from there, had he stayed. If Has puts that single-season record away by 10+ and finishes this year with over 200 for his career with a chance to get close to 300 when all is said and done, I don't think you can make a case for anyone other than him, period. He was already the best IMO before the season record looked well within reach.)

I wasn't planning on doing a full update after just one game but our guys are making a big impact on the record books and some kind of update was needed.

almaman likes this