The Bills over Valp by 9

The Wiz

3 hours ago, BilliKitty said:

Oh my, why is everyone so Negative and crabby?We had a great first game. 

i was very impressed by the foundation we have to build from from the first game. Very pleasantly surprised :)

I’m ecstatic for this year. AND! My husband an I are expecting again so I’m happy that I’ve already made one game and will make another. Hopefully I can make quite a few this year. It’s definitely harder than it used to be,

as always, I LOVE being a Billikens fan! 

Great news, coming soon a new Billiken fan.

Thank you for sharing, congratulations best wishes and prosperity to the family.

3 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@gobillsgo, I'm wondering why you responded to Old Guy's post, "Troll."  Our billikens.com convention is that blue font is supposed to indicate that the poster is making a tongue-in-cheek or playfully sarcastic comment.  Dlarry, who the post was directed towards, got it and liked the post.  There was no malice on Old Guy's part to warrant being considered a troll because of this post.

Just because old guy finally learned what blue font is in 2019, doesn’t mean I have to find it hilarious.  His act just gets a bit old to me. He’s either trolling most of the time or he’s the board’s biggest narcissist.  

Well the main thing is we won ...played a good game till we got into serious foul trouble...tightened our belt at the end and reopened the lead....It bodes well that with French out at the end...serious team foul trouble.....we not only didn't fall apart but  won and actually made the spread.

Let's look at the Bottom line  from the original post....

Bottom line.....We need to win the battle on the boards...this will be our biggest challenge so far...advantage The Bills....Likewise on TO differential (the difference between our TOs and theirs)....again our toughest challenge so far...advantage The Bills.....Foul shooting ...pray that it isn't a close game that depends on FTs (not that I'm chicken)...I think our regular shooting will make up for  any FT deficit....    Fazekas....Hold this guy to 14 pts......Whoever Sackey guards....protect the ball    Our slash...48/38/ 63....63?...I can dream

And here's what happened....

Win the Battle of the Boards.....check............Bills by 7....not dominant but good

TO differential.............................check .....Bills by 3 (16-19) ... not dominant but good....16 though is too high...need to get down to the 12 area  ...16+  TOs will cost us games in the future

Reg shooting made up for poor FT shooting.......check.....It was good 2 pt shooting that carried us  at 53%....27-51 

Fazekas ...14 pts or less ....check...3pts...though he only played 10 min due to injury...But assuming he played 30....he would have had 9 ...so we were stopping him.

Sackey steals.....check...only 1 ...good job protecting the ball.

48/38/63....actual was 48/31/ 58...missed by one  3pt shot ( but made an extra 2) and missed 1 foul shot....net on the slash...missing 2pts....close enough check

Overall a good win....Bring on EWU.....pronounced  E-woo

On 11/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, gobillsgo said:

Just because old guy finally learned what blue font is in 2019, doesn’t mean I have to find it hilarious.  His act just gets a bit old to me. He’s either trolling most of the time or he’s the board’s biggest narcissist.  

tl;dr: Can't we all just get along?

It never ceases to amaze me how divisive this cyber-community in particular, and our society in general, often tends to be.  I'm saddened by it.  Some of us are old — or middle-aged, which is "old" to many of the younger set — and some of us are young.  Some of us are wealthy; some of us are aren't.  Some of us are conservative-leaning, and some of us are liberal-leaning.  We have various cultural backgrounds.  Some of us are irreverent, and some of us are pious.  Some of us crack jokes about everything, and some of us are very serious.  Some of us are very proper with language, while others are very casual.  Some of us invest time in more than one team; others insist it's impossible to do that.  I could go on.

We all have very different sensibilities and very different personalities.  I think it's unfair to try to expect everyone to conform to what's popular.  Why is it that some of you think Old Guy isn't being true to himself — that he's putting on some kind of act in order to get people's dander up?  He's just different, and he's not going to change.  Sure, there are a select few people who get their jollies by trolling Billikens fans, but by-and-large they don't persevere.  Old Guy has been here for years, and he's exhibited the same characteristics the entire time.

None of us is going to like everything about everyone else or anyone else.  Shouldn't we be able to rally around our common interest in the Billikens and not form long-standing grudges simply because of some quirks of personality a poster has?  Families that endure do so because they understand and accept one another, not because they like everything about one another.