Random points after FGCU

bauman

First, a personal apology to FT Jr.  I was less than positive when we got Fred instead of Watson.  Big mistake, Bauman---HUGE!  He is a mini HF, powerful, strong on the boards, outstanding defender, always hustling and appears to be an excellent teammate.  Due to his leaping ability, he plays much bigger than his height.  His shooting also appears much improved over last year.  i think we will see a consistent performer as opposed to the inconsistent freshman last year.  We missed his D in most of the 2nd half.

If I was an opponent's point guard, having to be defended by Yuri, I would take a sick day.  He is an unbelievable pest on defense and is constantly on the move on offense.  (The preceding comment is sponsored by slu72)

I thought it was interesting that Coach Ford had YC and TW on the floor at the same time-two sub-6 ft' players.  Yet due to their aggressive style of play it worked very well.

We took off on a long run early in the game after TF subbed YC and GJ into the lineup for DJ and JB Jr.

Perkins is a laid back type of performer who will have multiple "quiet" scoring nights, where we will look at the stats after a game and say, "I didn't know he had 10 (or more) points."

Liked Weaver taking a second 3 pt shot 5-7 seconds after missing one---a shooter's mentality.  I hope we see the same thing from Jimmmerson as he gets more comfortable with the college game.  I know some posters think he had a year of post-high school time at a FLA basketball factory but, I'm pretty sure that he had 3 years at a VA high school and one year in FLA, so he is not more experienced than the usual Freshman.  If you are certain that this is wrong, I will stand corrected.

If you're going to be the board's spelling police chief, then I'm going to appoint myself as the board's Constable of Unnecessary, Needless Threads. We already have multiple game wrap-up threads, led by this one: 

I'm letting you off with a warning this time. Next time, you won't be so lucky.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

If you're going to be the board's spelling police chief, then I'm going to appoint myself as the board's Constable of Unnecessary, Needless Threads. We already have multiple game wrap-up threads, led by this one: 

Is it a life time appointment? 

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'll be sure to get your permission before making any further posts. 😡  If your spelling police chief smart-a$$ comment is based on my attempt to give GJ the appropriate respect he deserves then, tough $h!t.  How can long time (and frequent posters) not know by this time how to spell Jimerson's name.  Those same posters seem to have no problem pointing out Guy P.'s constant  PA announcer errors.  Of course the previous comment excludes BR who spells Jimerson's name incorrectly on purpose. 

You do the Board a service with your recruiting information, why not stick to that and refrain from adding a new Billikens.com assignment of thread policman?

More threads the better in my book. I want to keep reading what my fellow die hard fans think. We have so many stupid off season threads I'm fine with a bunch of in season game threads. Keep em coming. 

I agree with all of your points Bauman. Tay and Yuri in at the same time was awesome. Think Gibson was in with them and that lineup was hell for opposing ball handlers. I think we have so many different matchups we can play alot of different styles. Bring on Valpo.

6 minutes ago, bauman said:

I'll be sure to get your permission before making any further posts. 😡  If your spelling police chief smart-a$$ comment is based on my attempt to give GJ the appropriate respect he deserves then, tough $h!t.  How can long time (and frequent posters) not know by this time how to spell Jimerson's name.  Those same posters seem to have no problem pointing out Guy P.'s constant  PA announcer errors.  Of course the previous comment excludes BR who spells Jimerson's name incorrectly on purpose. 

You do the Board a service with your recruiting information, why not stick to that and refrain from adding a new Billikens.com assignment of thread policman?

Calm down Baumman.

9 minutes ago, bauman said:

So in other words, "stick to sports" is what you're telling me?

Image result for ok boomer

rgbilliken likes this

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

*policeman

Littlebill and thetorch like this

44 minutes ago, bauman said:

First, a personal apology to FT Jr.  I was less than positive when we got Fred instead of Watson.  Big mistake, Bauman---HUGE!  He is a mini HF, powerful, strong on the boards, outstanding defender, always hustling and appears to be an excellent teammate.  Due to his leaping ability, he plays much bigger than his height.  His shooting also appears much improved over last year.  i think we will see a consistent performer as opposed to the inconsistent freshman last year.  We missed his D in most of the 2nd half.

Speaking of his ability to play bigger, Thatch effectively guarded Toppin in short spurts last year.

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

When is Taj and his couch going to get a warning? 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

How can long time (and frequent posters) not know by this time how to spell Jimerson's name.  Those same posters seem to have no problem pointing out Guy P.'s constant  PA announcer errors.

The big difference is that we're all just a bunch of MBMs on here and spelling is notoriously turrible on the intranets.  None of us as far as I know are getting paid for any of this even if some of us consider ourselves to be "professional MBMs".  Guy Phillips is supposed to be a professional PA announcer and he does get paid.  Getting the players names correct is the most basic part of his job.

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

The post isn't the unnecessary part. The thread is.

Would you and brianstl pls decide if I violated your rules about making an unnecessary POST or THREAD.  I'm confused, but calm, not being sure of which rule(s) I am in violation of.  I just don't want to offend either of you.

It's hard to believe that someone making a valid post,  purely about Billiken basketball, can get in so much trouble from a couple of you for making, what in your minds, is a unnecessary post and/or thread.

The old saying went something like this,"It's hard being a Billiken fan."  Now it should read, "It's hard being a Billiken.com member, poster."  I guess supporting this Board financially, unlike many posters e.g. brianstl , isn't enough.  Now I have to pass the Pistol and brianstl hurdles.  Forget it!

slufanskip likes this

Yikes, I was wondering when the I support the board financially post would rear it’s head.

I support it financially  you don’t Is nonsense.

The Billiken’s smoked their opponent last night it was fun to watch Collins to Jimerson, Collins to French a great game should have all of us in a great mood.

To borrow a line from a poster on this site, “stop the senseless beating of dead horses”

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Yikes, I was wondering when the I support the board financially post would rear it’s head.

I support it financially  you don’t Is nonsense.

Honestly, I'm surprised it took so long.  Either way it is garbage.  No one knows the other posters financial / life situations and no one should be judged based on their donor status.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Would you and brianstl pls decide if I violated your rules about making an unnecessary POST or THREAD.  I'm confused, but calm, not being sure of which rule(s) I am in violation of.  I just don't want to offend either of you.

It's hard to believe that someone making a valid post,  purely about Billiken basketball, can get in so much trouble from a couple of you for making, what in your minds, is a unnecessary post and/or thread.

The old saying went something like this,"It's hard being a Billiken fan."  Now it should read, "It's hard being a Billiken.com member, poster."  I guess supporting this Board financially, unlike many posters e.g. brianstl , isn't enough.  Now I have to pass the Pistol and brianstl hurdles.  Forget it!

Thank you for your service 🙏

5 hours ago, bauman said:

Our god forbid add something humorous on this very serious site.