What An Opener

mrjoelabs

16 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Probably gonna flip 'em on ebay or wherever. Of course, they also make great stocking stuffers! Get enough for the entire family!

Looks like there are already 3 of the new ones listed. $28.99 + free shipping is the best deal.

$30 is a pretty low price for an adult dude disgracing himself publicly.

cgeldmacher likes this

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

What doesn’t make sense to me is using TJ as the initials for Hargrove vs. TH or THJ. When did we start dropping the last name for juniors or did I miss something/is this a special circumstance. Thanks, I’ll hang-up and listen 

“Hargrove” goes by TJ according to Ford. This has been said multiple times before 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Looks like there are already 3 of the new ones listed. $28.99 + free shipping is the best deal.

Pistol, this brings to mind the story from Winston Churchill who asked some high up lady at a party if she would sleep with him for a million dollars, she said yes. Then he asked her if she would sleep with him for $1, or free I cannot remember which. She said Winston who do you think I am? Winston answered, lady we already have determined who you are, now we are just negotiating the price.

If people do stuff like this for $30 with free delivery, all they are doing is setting their price. We already  know what they are.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Those are obviously recent but they are not the new ones from opening night.

billiken bobblehead.jpg

48 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Pistol, this brings to mind the story from Winston Churchill who asked some high up lady at a party if she would sleep with him for a million dollars, she said yes. Then he asked her if she would sleep with him for $1, or free I cannot remember which. She said Winston who do you think I am? Winston answered, lady we already have determined who you are, now we are just negotiating the price.

If people do stuff like this for $30 with free delivery, all they are doing is setting their price. We already  know what they are.

it seems that that quote is older than Winnie. Lots of speculation on Quote sites who first said that. 

50 minutes ago, almaman said:

it seems that that quote is older than Winnie. Lots of speculation on Quote sites who first said that. 

Seems like every quote in history is attributed to him regardless of whether or not he said it. When in doubt, it was Churchill.

(I've heard that one a lot, but usually framed as a joke.)

20 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

My perception of the three guys (in addition to what they were arguing) was that this wasn't their first rodeo and we will be seeing however many bobble heads they ended up with on ebay. It seemed like security knew the game they were playing and wanted to prevent it, but based on the number of folks I saw continue to walk over to talk to them I assume they got their way. One of those situations you see being abused where in theory maybe these guys are right (if you buy a ticket you should be entitled to the giveaway and if that is a dozen tickets that should be a dozen giveaways), but just kind of a crappy thing to do. One of the things I enjoy doing is going out on Black Friday (typically on Thanksgiving evening now) when the stores open and just watching folks behave similarly (I am typically in FL for Thanksgiving which makes this experience that much better). I seldom buy anything of significance, but watching folks tear through Target or wherever else to save a few bucks is great theater.

I believe that the promotion language is the first 4,000 people in attendance, not the first 4,000 tickets turned in.  Thus, I would interpret that to mean one per person in attendance and not one per ticket.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, T-man said:

Back to topic of redshirting.  We know the rule for transferring now but who knows If it will become more restrictive in in 3 years.

if anything, I see it going the other way.  I could see it being something like a player can play up to 60 minutes in a season before they cant be red shirted. 

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I've looked at Yurimania's miss on that layup about 5 times now and am wondering if that was indeed a planned move for Has to get a slam. I know I think Yurimania walks on water, but damn that was some great or lucky timing on Has's part

Edited by willie
Misread

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I've looked at Yurimania's miss on that layup about 5 times now and am wondering if that was indeed a planned move for Has to get a slam. I know I think Yurimania walks on water, but damn that was some great or lucky timing on Has's part. 

Something that French has done once or twice a game for the last two years? Chill

34 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I've looked at Yurimania's miss on that layup about 5 times now and am wondering if that was indeed a planned move for Has to get a slam. I know I think Yurimania walks on water, but damn that was some great or lucky timing on Has's part. 

if you're not right about this, I bet we will sees it soon. If YC walks on water he's sure to dribble between steps.