7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Is French 6 away now? 

Here is the career blocks list as of today:

1. Ian Vouyoukas 135

2. Hasahn French 128

3. Melvin Robinson 127

T4. Cory Remekun 113

T4. Willie Reed 113

Has passed Robinson last night and is 7 away from tying Ian / 8 away from breaking his record.

There has been a lot of deserved hype about Has doing it in just over 2 years.  However, Ian didn't play much his freshman year and only recorded 3 blocks.  Robinson and Reed each infamously left early playing just over 2 seasons and 2 seasons respectively.  For whatever, reason we've never had a very good shot blocker who played all 4 years.

Pistol likes this

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

At least 2 of Gibson’s treys came off great passes by Yuri. The one in the 2nd half came when Yuri drove to the basketball and looked to have a legit shot to score, and then he hit Gibson with a quick cross court pass for the trey. Awesome stuff.

Assists from point guards can be right below buckets in importance for team offense. No news flash there but it isn't as glamorous as shooting so less kids strive to be good at it. So much so that it almost seems like a lost art. So the few that concentrate on it and end up with the ability are rare but cherished. One game ain't the season but the yurioop and that one to GJ looks really promising. If for some reason he starts tossing away are driving into trees like AH would often do we are knee deep in other skilled guards that can step up. Oooh baaby! 

7 to tie 8 to be leader for HF I think.

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

i am perplexed by the hankton bashing. he played ten minutes and it seems some would relegate him to the dust bin. great game last night enjoy it and lighten up on the criticism. IMHO

Such is the life of a stretch four. If you're not making threes most fans want you on the bench so a guard can play instead.

Don’t know if this has been answered but Coach Tate fell down some steps and tore a muscle in lower extremity (quad?) requiring surgery and full leg cast.  Also, the fact that Diarra and Hargrove didn’t play in a 20 point win makes me wonder if they are being redshirted.

If the injury is indeed a torn muscle insertion or something similar, I feel relieved. You see, the weight of a person does not affect the healing of a muscle after surgery, as much as it will affect the healing of a bone fracture, particularly a weight bearing bone or joint. Coach Tate will recover in time and will be back to fairly normal function, it if was a muscle insertion tear.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Such is the life of a stretch four. If you're not making threes most fans want you on the bench so a guard can play instead.

When did forwards with ineffective interior skills automatically become stretch forwards?  No requirement that such guys be proficient perimeter shooters?

And no, I have not given up on Hankton. In fact I remain hopeful that he will be able to fill a very key role for us - back up to French. In fact, the same role that I had hoped, though now see, Perkins and Hargrove will have difficulty fulfilling this year.  Also, the same role that Bell and Diarra may not be able to fulfill too well this year either. 

2 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Diarra redshirting makes sense. TJ does not

What doesn’t make sense to me is using TJ as the initials for Hargrove vs. TH or THJ. When did we start dropping the last name for juniors or did I miss something/is this a special circumstance. Thanks, I’ll hang-up and listen 

29 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

What doesn’t make sense to me is using TJ as the initials for Hargrove vs. TH or THJ. When did we start dropping the last name for juniors or did I miss something/is this a special circumstance. Thanks, I’ll hang-up and listen 

What doesn’t make sense to me is why Glorydays is still allowed to post as often as he does. 

Billiken Rich likes this

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/report-card-offensive-surge-leads-the-billikens-to-breakout-opening-night-victory/

It looks like Scoops and Chapley will be supplying a ton of Billiken news this season.  I don't necessarily agree with some of his assessment on the FGCU game, but that is fine.  Keep up the great work Carter.