GDT: Clunk City

Taj79

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Second half score: 49-49. Nobody playing D.

I was sort of disappointed with the second half effort defensively. The first half it looked like we had a chance to be better defensively than last season.  Terrible perimeter defense in the second half.

Post Game:  Ford - not happy with the second half D.  "We were over helping."  Helping when there was no need to help.  'Got to fix this fast.'

Thatch cramped up and couldn't come back into the game in the second half.

Valpo apparently shooting a bunch of threes and playing very fast.

Pistol likes this

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Yeah, we gave them too many good looks from three land and they hit them. That's got to end. 

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I was sort of disappointed with the second half effort defensively. The first half it looked like we had a chance to be better defensively than last season.  Terrible perimeter defense in the second half.

Yeah, and I don't think it goes quite the same way if we're not up by 22 points at halftime, but still, I'd have liked to see more defensive effort that half.

I guess a high scoring track meet was more fun for the fans, though.

Travis says that in all three games, the exhibitions included, our opponents rained down a bunch of threes on us. Says we're overhelping on D. Says him and the coaches have to study the film to see how he can convince our guys to defend correctly. Says Valpo has a bunch of three point bombers so he says we have to get this corrected quick. Thatch cramped up which is why he didn't return in the second half.

Pistol likes this

Just now, Pistol said:

Yeah, and I don't think it goes quite the same way if we're not up by 22 points at halftime, but still, I'd have liked to see more defensive effort that half.

I guess a high scoring track meet was more fun for the fans, though.

Ford said he thought guys were over helping on defense and that caused too many open looks.

Coach says he doesn't worry about Jimmmerson. Says he can fire it up at any time. Won't matter if he misses 15 in a row, coach thinks the 16th one is going in. He's disappointed with how the first team shares the ball. Says the second group shares the ball better. Says we have to make the right play instead of worrying about getting theirs.

Followed on my phone and saw French's boom shakalaka jam and swatting a shot out of existence. 

After seeing this team win the a10 tournament last year on a gassed roster, I have no doubts that Ford will keep coaching these dudes up. The energy is there. The defense will solidify. 

HATE.

jimbofive likes this

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Several guys responded to this indicating the same sentiment and I don’t get it.  What is the obsession with Jacobs?  We’re in the midst of one of the best first games we’ve seen in a while and guys are bringing him up over and over.  Nobody says I hope Hankton has a good half, or Hargrove.  I don’t have anything against Jacobs, but he hasn’t shown anything since Billiken Madness last year.  If this team plays this whole season like they are tonight, and Jacobs doesn’t contribute at all, I’ll be very happy.  Wouldn’t you?

Its not an obsession but Jacobs was a highly sought after recruit and his lack of progression is troubling.  He looks soft. I was expecting more from him than Collins this year...…..

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

silence on TJ doesn't seem good

Not to worry yet. Coach is still high on him. He knows he'll eventually grasp the O and D, and when he does he'll go off.