GDT: Clunk City

Taj79

35 minutes ago, Billikens4life said:

Hoping demarius has a good 2nd half

Several guys responded to this indicating the same sentiment and I don’t get it.  What is the obsession with Jacobs?  We’re in the midst of one of the best first games we’ve seen in a while and guys are bringing him up over and over.  Nobody says I hope Hankton has a good half, or Hargrove.  I don’t have anything against Jacobs, but he hasn’t shown anything since Billiken Madness last year.  If this team plays this whole season like they are tonight, and Jacobs doesn’t contribute at all, I’ll be very happy.  Wouldn’t you?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Glad they're hitting a few 3s.  Gives Tford something to hammer these guys about. 

9-14 now. Good thing they're not stopping anything on the other end. But I really wanted to just keep piling it on and growing the margin.

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Several guys responded to this indicating the same sentiment and I don’t get it.  What is the obsession with Jacobs?  We’re in the midst of one of the best first games we’ve seen in a while and guys are bringing him up over and over.  Nobody says I hope Hankton has a good half, or Hargrove.  I don’t have anything against Jacobs, but he hasn’t shown anything since Billiken Madness last year.  If this team plays this whole season like they are tonight, and Jacobs doesn’t contribute at all, I’ll be very happy.  Wouldn’t you?

If the team plays like this, I would be ecstatic.  I just wonder how good the team COULD be if Jacobs provides more.  That’s all

Think back to last season when we struggled to beat these kind of teams. We were all expecting blow outs and everyone was nip and tuck. This style of play works for us. Not saying we're gonna duplicate last year's success, but this was fun to watch and not a friggin nail biter against a low mid team we thought we'd destroy last year. 

cgeldmacher likes this

Jacobs came on in the end, seven points ---- he makes that last three and he has double figures.  Love the depth ..... and Hargrove didn't get in.  da'Couch was comfy for once.