Saints

3 hours ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I hate to start a new topic for this but wasn't sure where it may fit in. Does anybody have a link, file, etc of our band playing "When the Saints go Marching In"? I feel like there was one circling about a decade ago but I can't find it for the life of me. 

There was a CD sold around then. 

On 11/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, NashvilleBilliken said:

I hate to start a new topic for this but wasn't sure where it may fit in. Does anybody have a link, file, etc of our band playing "When the Saints go Marching In"? I feel like there was one circling about a decade ago but I can't find it for the life of me. 

Mp3s should be in your inbox.

also, if anyone else wants a copy of the 2nd band CD, we have a limited quantity left for a $10 donation to the band.Makes a great Christmas present!

Stop by the band when we aren’t playing during, pre, half or postgame.   

I have been going to games Consistently since I was 6 years old... the band has always been one of the greatest highlights. 
Maybe it’s the mom side of me, but I wish there was much more band involvement and less overhead music.

i admittedly am biased as i play with the band over xmas break when a lot of the students go home for holiday.  that said  i can tell you that the talent level of the Billiken band is off the chart for a pep band.    and the diversity of instruments is fantastic.   anytime you see 3 or more tuba's in a pep band you got something.  a lot of casual listeners dont understand that statement, but trust me, it truly is "all about the bass".   

we got soloists in the trumpet and trombone section that are extremely high quality.   they do stuff that you might see on Beale street not in chaifetz arena. yet we got em!

and watch the band's game participation.  they blow the shells on the 3 pointers made.   they waive off the opponent that just fouled out telliing them to "sit down".   pay attention to the lyrics the next time they play "Hey Baby".  typically a great jab at a member of the visiting team.    like i said above, they are your consistent defacto student section.   

it is fantastic when the students show up AND participate, but the band shows up and participates every game.   dont take that forgranted.    dont push the band aside so a few more kids that are there for the pizza and chance to win a notebook can have closer seats.   embrace the band.  they are the real rowdies.  

Zink, AGB91, bauman and 3 others like this

31 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Roy, I did not know you were a musician. What instrument do you play when you are helping the band over Xmas?

trumpet.

i actually play regularly with the Ainad Shriner Drum and Bugle Corps which is the current 16 time national champion Shriner Drum and Bugle Corps.  that said, the "Worlds Greatest Pep Band" has about 10 brass players that would be right at home with our Shriner Roster if they decided to wear a Fez and play with us.  a hell of a lot better than i am.  

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting their music isn’t goo. 

I was not trying to suggest anyone was making that suggestion, instead trying to pay a compliment to the band.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:59 AM, billiken_roy said:

trumpet.

i actually play regularly with the Ainad Shriner Drum and Bugle Corps which is the current 16 time national champion Shriner Drum and Bugle Corps.  that said, the "Worlds Greatest Pep Band" has about 10 brass players that would be right at home with our Shriner Roster if they decided to wear a Fez and play with us.  a hell of a lot better than i am.  

Laying it on a bit thick there Roy, aren't ya?!  😉  With that said, we always look forward to having any of our former and/or guest players play with us!

We still hold true to this to this day: "Once a band member, ALWAYS a band member!"