Hochman Column on Yuri

GBL_Bills

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/benjamin-hochman/hochman-old-school-guard-collins-is-a-st-louis-u/article_7a5d1e96-7366-560f-9059-1f1b08fa7d32.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dlvr

I’m pretty pleased with the amount of coverage we’re getting pre-season from the PD. I wonder how much we’d be getting if it weren’t for the A10 run. 

The run helped that is for sure, being a successful local kid in high school now playing for the local division 1 school is a good story.

Local kids like Goodwin, Collins and Hargrove will bring in interest from our community.

State regional players like Thatch has probably brought in interest in the SLU program from that region of the state.

Talented local kids make a difference, examples are Highmark, Clagget, Bonner, Douglas, Gray, Hughes, Tatum, Baniak, Robinson, Luktefeld, etc...

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The run helped that is for sure, being a successful local kid in high school now playing for the local division 1 school is a good story.

Local kids like Goodwin, Collins and Hargrove will bring in interest from our community.

State regional players like Thatch has probably brought in interest in the SLU program from that region of the state.

Talented local kids make a difference, examples are Highmark, Clagget, Bonner, Douglas, Gray, Hughes, Tatum, Baniak, Robinson, Luktefeld, etc...

Agreed.  This is probably where having locals on the team makes the biggest impact (not necessarily attendance).  Locals having success on the Billikens makes for a good story, so that lends itself to more PD coverage.  Perhaps then more PD coverage then leads to better attendance or helps to amplify the effects of winning on attendance.  However, I'm certain that PD coverage does not have the same impact it did in the Highmark or Hughes days.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Let's hope Slu72 doesn't see this thread and article!  He will be impossible to live with!!! 😀

I've been giddy all morning. Yurimania seems to be very contagious. Like the Seeger song: Old Time Rock and Roll, just give me that old time PG play. Go get 'em, Yurimania!