Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Go_Bills

2019-2020 Men's Basketball Game Day Information

53 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The fine details are lost on this department 

When I started truly following the program with the hiring of Rich Grawer, the program had not been able to compete in the Metro Conference.  Marquette, Notre Dame, DePaul and Dayton were still the 4 having a lot of success as independent schools. Not SLU. Talk was to drop to D3. St Rich said no but dropped to a lower D1. Our new rivals soon were Chicago Loyola, Detroit and a small school named Xavier. 

I get the desire to start fresh and forget the bad prior era of non-competition and big losses to Louisville, Mephis State... and the winning teams of the 40’s and 50’s were as relevant then as our 10 national soccer championships now are to our present soccer program. 

But yes, I would like SLU to reconnect with its past - both good and bad.

12 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

When I started truly following the program with the hiring of Rich Grawer, the program had not been able to compete in the Metro Conference.  Marquette, Notre Dame, DePaul and Dayton were still the 4 having a lot of success as independent schools. Not SLU. Talk was to drop to D3. St Rich said no but dropped to a lower D1. Our new rivals soon were Chicago Loyola, Detroit and a small school named Xavier. 

I get the desire to start fresh and forget the bad prior era of non-competition and big losses to Louisville, Mephis State... and the winning teams of the 40’s and 50’s were as relevant then as our 10 national soccer championships now are to our present soccer program. 

But yes, I would like SLU to reconnect with its past - both good and bad.

Agree completely. We’re so far removed from that era in both time and staff. The locker room and practice area of chaifetz is covered in massive photos and murals of current and former athletes. I see no reason they can’t do this on the main concourse.