Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Go_Bills

2019-2020 Men's Basketball Game Day Information

Game 2 Valparaiso (1-0) at Saint Louis (1-0)
Date // Time Saturday, Nov. 9 // 6 p.m. (CT)
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena / 10,600)
Tickets Tickets
TV FOX Sports Midwest
Radio 106.5 FM (The Arch) | Stream | Stream
Video Stream

FOXSportsGo.com | ESPN+  

Link1

Live Stats StatBroadcast

Saint Louis continues its season-opening six-game homestand on Saturday evening when it hosts Valparaiso at Chaifetz Arena. Game time is slated for 6 p.m.

The Billikens and Crusaders are both 1-0 on the year. SLU opened its season on Tuesday with a convincing 89-67 win over Florida Gulf Coast. Juniors Hasahn French (20 points) and Jordan Goodwin (18 points and nine rebounds) led the Billikens offensively, while freshman Yuri Collins dished out nine assists.

Valpo, which finished 15-18 overall and 7-11 in the Missouri Valley Conference last year, picked up an impressive 79-77 victory at home on Tuesday against a Toledo team that won 25 games last year and was picked to win the MAC West division.

Here are five facts in advance of Saturday's game vs. Valpo:

1. SLU's 89 points against FGCU were the most points scored in a game by the Billikens in the Travis Ford era. Also, it was the most points scored by the Billikens in a season opener since the 1982-83 season (SLU 97, St. Ambrose 73).

2. With three blocked shots against Florida Gulf Coast, Hasahn French has moved into second place in the SLU record book in blocked shots for a career. He now has 128 career blocks and needs eight more to surpass Ian Vouyoukas' school record of 135 blocks.

3. Valpo was led in its opener against Toledo by Ryan Fazekas, who buried four treys en route to 23 points. Javon Freeman-Liberty hit a go-ahead jumper with four seconds remaining as the Crusaders erased a 14-point deficit to pick up the win.

4. Saint Louis and Valparaiso are playing for the 10th time in a series that dates back to 1920. The teams played a home-and-home in 2012 and 2013. SLU defeated Valpo 62-49 on Dec. 2, 2012, at Chaifetz Arena in an emotional game played the day after the death of former head coach Rick Majerus. The next season, SLU defeated Valpo at the ARC on a thrilling last-second tip-in by Mike McCall Jr.

5. The first 750 SLU students at Saturday's game will receive a free USA-themed Billiken t-shirt.

Up next: Saint Louis hosts Eastern Washington on Wednesday, Nov. 13, in a 7 p.m. tipoff at Chaifetz Arena.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

2 minutes ago, Go_Bills said:

The season marks the 12th year of the Billikens playing in Chaifetz Arena.

-my goodness time flies

seeing how few students relative to other D-1 teams and total students here, those are some pretty decent odds to walk off with some air buds for the students.

17 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Not only are the Billikens bumped to the 2nd Fox Sports Midwest Plus channel, but they have been confused with an indoor soccer team that plays at Family Arena. 

image.thumb.png.a45e72cb5cc3de4b0bad190988cfd917.png

sigh

We appear to be either invisible or at least translucent to the media, a true stealth team I hope.

curious, were the FSM games blacked out in those states last year? I thought I was able to view the FSM telecast via ESPN+ for most games. Thanks again @Go_Bills!

stu durando

@studurando

By the way, Travis Ford would not reveal his starting lineup for tonight. Said he was feeling generous when he did so for the exhibition. My hunch is same 5 as last week.

6 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

curious, were the FSM games blacked out in those states last year? I thought I was able to view the FSM telecast via ESPN+ for most games. Thanks again @Go_Bills!

No idea, maybe someone else can weigh in for you. First post about to be updated with more links.  

3 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Anyone getting the ESPN+ stream yet?

I am (in Chicago) with the FSM audio but the camera angle is from one corner of the arena?

10161B76-6B72-4B47-A29A-1E03D353191A.thumb.jpeg.b510bc3ddb0037a6dcb5c586e6d98a07.jpeg

edit: now it’s good to go with normal camera angles 

They finally went to a standard angle on the ESPN+ feed. Took until about the 17:30 mark.

10 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Anyone getting the free streams to work?

@BigMouthBilliken, which link and browser you trying to use? The first url worked for me when I enabled flash. 

5 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Google Chrome; get a 404 not found error 

Odd, can you reach this site? http://www.wiz1.net/schedule and then search down to our game? Is it 404 error on page load or video stream?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

Also, can you try opening a private browser session to the Wiz1 url it seems like something not right in your cache from the site. 

1 minute ago, Go_Bills said:

Also, can you try opening a private browser session to the Wiz1 url it seems like something not right in your cache from the site. 

no luck, doesnt work on my phone either. Interesting as last year it didnt seem to give me any trouble. 

Damn, even with the sawlive.tv link? Something blocking is this your home connection? let me see if I can find a different url. Could you possibly teamviewer with me?

@BigMouthBilliken try this one, it should work on phone as well 

SD | Saint Louis vs. FGCU | Clicks:2 | Mobile:Yes | Adblock Off | NSFW Ads

2 minutes ago, Go_Bills said:

Damn, even with the sawlive.tv link? Something blocking is this your home connection? let me see if I can find a different url. Could you possibly teamviewer with me?

must be something with my home connection as it appears to work on my lte data. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Go_Bills said:

@BigMouthBilliken try this one, it should work on phone as well 

SD | Saint Louis vs. FGCU | Clicks:2 | Mobile:Yes | Adblock Off | NSFW Ads

this one works on my wifi on my phone. Good enough for me! Thanks for the help really appreciate it! not sure what the difference is with this link but it seems to work