2019-2020 Men's Basketball Game Day Information

Go_Bills

53 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The fine details are lost on this department 

When I started truly following the program with the hiring of Rich Grawer, the program had not been able to compete in the Metro Conference.  Marquette, Notre Dame, DePaul and Dayton were still the 4 having a lot of success as independent schools. Not SLU. Talk was to drop to D3. St Rich said no but dropped to a lower D1. Our new rivals soon were Chicago Loyola, Detroit and a small school named Xavier. 

I get the desire to start fresh and forget the bad prior era of non-competition and big losses to Louisville, Mephis State... and the winning teams of the 40’s and 50’s were as relevant then as our 10 national soccer championships now are to our present soccer program. 

But yes, I would like SLU to reconnect with its past - both good and bad.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

When I started truly following the program with the hiring of Rich Grawer, the program had not been able to compete in the Metro Conference.  Marquette, Notre Dame, DePaul and Dayton were still the 4 having a lot of success as independent schools. Not SLU. Talk was to drop to D3. St Rich said no but dropped to a lower D1. Our new rivals soon were Chicago Loyola, Detroit and a small school named Xavier. 

I get the desire to start fresh and forget the bad prior era of non-competition and big losses to Louisville, Mephis State... and the winning teams of the 40’s and 50’s were as relevant then as our 10 national soccer championships now are to our present soccer program. 

But yes, I would like SLU to reconnect with its past - both good and bad.

Agree completely. We’re so far removed from that era in both time and staff. The locker room and practice area of chaifetz is covered in massive photos and murals of current and former athletes. I see no reason they can’t do this on the main concourse.

Game day bump!

Please use the game day thread here for a possible pc/mobile links at ten minutes before tip-off. Unfortunately, I will be busy at tip off and will be unable to paste in stream links at tip-off therefore if someone else can step in I would grealy appreciate it! That being said the Wizi link in the first post should work for those that can use flash and a pc. 

59 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

much obliged.  The wiz streams have been a stuttering mess all year for me.  Thanks as always.

Yeah, they aren't my favorite since they aren't mobile friendly and require you to enable flash but the last few games haven't any other links that worked. However, this game does and I have updated it in the first post. 

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The Wiz1 stream won't work for me.  Just a blank "screen."

Can you try the next one in the list? And let me know? 

As for the blank screen, you probably just need to enable flash for it to work, but I think the other link is better quality. 

Edit: I just checked the Wiz1 and had to enable flash for it to work. If you are using google chrome you click on the little "i" icon in the address bar and enable flash. Or if you are on safari you reload page with plugins and it should work. But to keep it simple just use stream 3 for this game.   

9 minutes ago, Go_Bills said:

Can you try the next one in the list? And let me know? 

As for the blank screen, you probably just need to enable flash for it to work, but I think the other link is better quality. 

Edit: I just checked the Wiz1 and had to enable flash for it to work. If you are using google chrome you click on the little "i" icon in the address bar and enable flash. Or if you are on safari you reload page with plugins and it should work. But to keep it simple just use stream 3 for this game.   

The third link doesn't work for me.  It briefly started to work but then stopped: "Video file not found."  I do have Flash enabled, but I just get a blank screen.  I suspect part of the problem is my ancient version of Firefox, which I can't update on this computer.  (I'm working on migrating to a Windows PC that I've finished building, but it's not ready for me to use yet.)

Go_Bills likes this

Odd, i'm going to post a few more to see if they are any different for you:

http://www.streameast.live/basketball/saint-louis-umass-minutemen/

https://www.stream2watch.ws/event/umass-vs-saint-louis

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

23 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The third link doesn't work for me.  It briefly started to work but then stopped: "Video file not found."  I do have Flash enabled, but I just get a blank screen.  I suspect part of the problem is my ancient version of Firefox, which I can't update on this computer.  (I'm working on migrating to a Windows PC that I've finished building, but it's not ready for me to use yet.)

Depending on your Firefox version you might not support HTML5 video stream. Does Youtube videos or other steams work for you on this version of Firefox? 

3 minutes ago, Go_Bills said:

Depending on your Firefox version you might not support HTML5 video stream. Does Youtube videos or other steams work for you on this version of Firefox? 

I rarely try to watch video anymore because I know my dinosaur Firefox doesn't support HTML5 video.  I can't see Twitter video.  I really just need to get my PC stable and prepped for my use.

16 minutes ago, Go_Bills said:

Odd, i'm going to post a few more to see if they are any different for you:

http://www.streameast.live/basketball/saint-louis-umass-minutemen/

https://www.stream2watch.ws/event/umass-vs-saint-louis

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

The stream2watch wstream is in and out.  Thanks for your efforts.

Go_Bills likes this