2019-2020 Men's Basketball Game Day Information

Go_Bills

21 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but has there been any talks of a TV channel picking up the Tulane game Sunday?

I came here to find out the same thing. And I haven't seen it posted elsewhere.

Anyone know?  Go_Bills?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Won't it be on ESPN+?

as of right now, no. But that seems like something that can be added on short notice. 

considering espn will already be there for the next 2, they could just live stream it. 

On 12/3/2019 at 11:54 AM, Box and Won said:

Maybe we can all meet up and huddle around a radio somewhere.

Old school --- reminds me of the good ole days when I had to drive my car up the hill to get even poor radio reception at night just to listen to Bob and Earl on 1380 AM radio while hoping our neighbors don't come outside and think I am a creep or stalker in my car...

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Old school --- reminds me of the good ole days when I had to drive my car up the hill to get even poor radio reception at night just to listen to Bob and Earl on 1380 AM radio while hoping our neighbors don't come outside and think I am a creep or stalker in my car...

1380?  Would that more likely have been Bob and Mike Claiborne?

23 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Back in the early 90s I had to do that when I living in Johnson City, TN. Going up to the top the mountain to pick up KMOX. It would get so cold. So every 5 minutes you have to turn on the car to run the heater. It was Earle and Rammer back then.

I do recall Ron Jacober doing it with Jay Randolph back in the early 70s.

10 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Incorrect.  Ramsey began in '86; Austin in '91.

Yes. Sounds right.  My mistake.  My college/out of town years were from '86 to '90.

9 hours ago, willie said:

Mike Clayborn   worked with Ramsey at the start. Used that connection to represent Bonner. He also had some kind of connection to Leon Lett. 

Did not realize that Clayborn (one of my favorites) even did the games way back then!   Thanks to you and Thicks!

4 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Back in the early 90s I had to do that when I living in Johnson City, TN. Going up to the top the mountain to pick up KMOX. It would get so cold. So every 5 minutes you have to turn on the car to run the heater. It was Earle and Rammer back then.

I do recall Ron Jacober doing it with Jay Randolph back in the early 70s.

Not surprised to hear about Jacober and Randolph.   Most likely Jack Buck did some games -- what did he NOT do?   But who was the voice of the Bills before Ramsey? and Earl?

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Yes. Sounds right.  My mistake.  My college/out of town years were from '86 to '90.

Did not realize that Clayborn (one of my favorites) even did the games way back then!   Thanks to you and Thicks!

Not surprised to hear about Jacober and Randolph.   Most likely Jack Buck did some games -- what did he NOT do?   But who was the voice of the Bills before Ramsey? and Earl?

Not sure of my timeline but Skip Irwin did the games for awhile. At one time Buck and Harry Carey did games. Before that Buddy Blatner. 

2 hours ago, GoSluBills said:

If it does get picked up by ESPN+, anyone know if the Fieldhouse is able to stream it? The lady and I were planning on going to the women’s game at 2 and were thinking of catching the men’s game there beforehand. 

They can but it's not ideal. They chromecast using their public wifi. The womens NCAA soccer stream was ROUGH.

GoSluBills likes this

8 minutes ago, willie said:

Not sure of my timeline but Skip Irwin did the games for awhile. At one time Buck and Harry Carey did games. Before that Buddy Blatner. 

Wow. Harry Carey too?!   Again, not surprised and makes sense.  

But 2 huge national celebrities and HOF’ers like Buck and Carey -  makes me ask, why no picture of them at Chaifetz?   Then again,  why no pictures anywhere of the long history and tradition of the Bills over the years?  Maybe areas along the sterile walls of Chaifetz and/or on slubillikens.com of:

the Billiken and its evolution over the years?

the players and uniforms over the years?

the different conference affiliations over the years?

the different venues over the years?

6 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

But 2 huge national celebrities and HOF’ers like Buck and Carey -  makes me ask, why no picture of them at Chaifetz?   Then again,  why no pictures anywhere of the long history and tradition of the Bills over the years?  Maybe areas along the sterile walls of Chaifetz and/or on slubillikens.com of:

I think I have seen Carey in one of the historical pictures in the ring at the top of the concourse. 

2 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Back in the early 50's when I became a Billiken fan, Harry Caray did the away games by ticker tape with simulated crowd noise and made them exciting at least for someone my age.  At least for one season, the broadcast team consisted of Harry Caray, Jack Buck, and Joe Garagiola.  

I went to every home game when I was in school in the early 60's, so I did not pay attention to who did the broadcasts, but it is likely that Harry was still involved.  I don't remember Blattner doing the games, so he may have done them after I left St. Louis in 1964.  If he preceded Harry Caray as a Billiken announcer, then it would have had to have been in the late 1940's.

11 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

The fine details are lost on this department 

14 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Jay Randolph did them back in the late 60s to early 70's. Jack Buck did a few I seem to recall. Randolph was a good announcer, but nothing like the Rammer. I never heard him get too excited by anything good or bad. And never heard him say "Bang! He got it" or "Jam Time!".