Radio When Conflict with Blues

Billboy1

23 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

Pretty sad when there is no set station for the Bills.  Everyone does not have access to streaming. Are they still on 101.1 when the Blues are not playing? 

Yes, they are still on 101.1 when the Blues game does not create a conflict. 

I've said this before, but it is totally reasonable for 101.1 to have gone out and gotten Blues games and totally reasonable to bump the Billikens to another station when there is a conflict.  101.1 is the best place outside of KMOX for the Billikens regardless of this situation.  The stations (KSHE / KPNT) that the Billikens are being bumped to actually get much higher ratings than 101.1 (WXOS).  Billikens could probably have their own "set station" if they went with a 2nd tier AM station like 550 or 590, but those stations have a bad signal and even worse ratings.

Billiken Rich likes this

24 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Yes, they are still on 101.1 when the Blues game does not create a conflict. 

I've said this before, but it is totally reasonable for 101.1 to have gone out and gotten Blues games and totally reasonable to bump the Billikens to another station when there is a conflict.  101.1 is the best place outside of KMOX for the Billikens regardless of this situation.  The stations (KSHE / KPNT) that the Billikens are being bumped to actually get much higher ratings than 101.1 (WXOS).  Billikens could probably have their own "set station" if they went with a 2nd tier AM station like 550 or 590, but those stations have a bad signal and even worse ratings.

Reasonable? Sure. ? You betcha. I’d also add that bumping the Blues to 105.7 would be more “on brand” for that station and fan base.