Radio When Conflict with Blues

Billboy1

26 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

When I saw that it was gonna be on Kshe I figured they'd get complaints. Cranky damn old people.

Yeah, they're apparently too old to have their own iPods/MP3 players or to figure out how to organize their music on their smart phones (assuming they're not too old for them, too).  WSIE (88.7 FM, SIUE's radio station) ordinarily plays jazz 24/7, but they interrupt that programming for broadcasts of any and (perhaps) all sporting events the Cougars are participating in.  My dad's solution?  He turns it off.

If SLU had its own radio station, they could keep the broadcasts themselves and not have to worry about conflicts with professional teams' games.

glad we are switched to a strong signaled station. I feel for the sweetmeats of the Lou that tuned in to hear same songs they've been playing last 50 years to hear "Jam time!!" blasting at them. I listen to 88.7  often and when I tune in sometimes they'll have SIUE baseball play by play.

7 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yeah, they're apparently too old to have their own iPods/MP3 players or to figure out how to organize their music on their smart phones (assuming they're not too old for them, too).  WSIE (88.7 FM, SIUE's radio station) ordinarily plays jazz 24/7, but they interrupt that programming for broadcasts of any and (perhaps) all sporting events the Cougars are participating in.  My dad's solution?  He turns it off.

If SLU had its own radio station, they could keep the broadcasts themselves and not have to worry about conflicts with professional teams' games.

We had our own radio station - KBIL when I was in school.  It was located on the top floor of the old Communication Building at the corner of Grand and Laclede - now gone.  The station's signal was only really available on and around campus so it would not have done what you wanted.  I am not even sure if it still exists.  At one point a radio station in Billings MT wanted to buy the call letters. 

53 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

We had our own radio station - KBIL when I was in school.  It was located on the top floor of the old Communication Building at the corner of Grand and Laclede - now gone.  The station's signal was only really available on and around campus so it would not have done what you wanted.  I am not even sure if it still exists.  At one point a radio station in Billings MT wanted to buy the call letters. 

I was at the Busch Student Center last month. There is a radio station on the back side of it. I didn’t pay much attention to it but it had call letters on the window. 

51 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I’m pretty sure that station is still only broadcasted on closed circuit TV.

As you are RadioBoy, you should know.  All I know, I was sitting in one of the chairs outside the station, there was music coming out of speakers, and there were call letters on the window.  Maybe it was some other radio station?  Don't know.  I didn't pay a whole lot of attention other than to listen while I sat. Maybe I should not have connected the two dots.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is sort of crazy for me to actually think the Billikens were on KSHE. It was at one time the most influential rock station in the country.  

In early 1970s when I attended SLU it was. Was also a big promoter of live concerts.

brianstl likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is sort of crazy for me to actually think the Billikens were on KSHE. It was at one time the most influential rock station in the country.  

When Bryan Adams has a concert in St. Louis, he always thanks his St. Louis fans and KSHE 95 specifically for helping launch his career.

brianstl likes this

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This thread made me think to search KSHE on twitter. Found a couple people who were upset their “real rock” was interrupted by basketball 

The Twitter handles you quoted have a total of 12 followers combined.  I'm not sure we have to worry about a full blown riot on social media over KSHE playing SLU basketball games.  I do wonder how many wannabe Sammy Hagars used their landline telephones to call the station to complain.  I feel sorry for whoever had to take those calls.

Meanwhile:

These two have a combined 35,800 followers.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

The Twitter handles you quoted have a total of 12 followers combined.  I'm not sure we have to worry about a full blown riot on social media over KSHE playing SLU basketball games.  I do wonder how many wannabe Sammy Hagars used their landline telephones to call the station to complain.  I feel sorry for whoever had to take those calls.

Meanwhile:

These two have a combined 35,800 followers.

I wasn’t concerned, thought it was funny 

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Oh yeah, I didn't think you were.  I just wanted to throw some extra shade at them for only having 12 followers and call attention to the Lux tweet.

Speaking of Lux, I can only imagine the tweets from the hardcore rock crowd if the Bills got pushed to 105.7. It amazes me how whiny that section of music fans can be when something isn’t their style of music. Same bluesiers that complain about pop music at Enterprise