SLU Basketball - Numbers Square

gabriel

I am interested in setting up a billikens basketball final score pool (similar to super bowl squares). A couple of guys in my fraternity set this up in years past and it was a lot of fun. Now that I've graduated and that pool has finished, I would like to keep it going. This pool would be for the 30 regular season bills games starting 11/5 with FGCU. You would get assigned a square for the entire regular season and if the final score ever aligns with that square, you win that game.

The buy in can be debated, but I was thinking $50 which would make the payout $166.67 for each game. 

Obviously, we could select someone everyone on the blog respects to be the treasurer. 

Optimally there would be 100 entries in the pool so we could fill it up entirely, but if there are open squares we could use these as rollover squares so the $166 rolls over to the next game.

I just wanted to put it out there in case it caught any of your interest.

I might potentially be interested, but either way I have some suggestions:

• If you want to fill up all 100 squares which IMO should be a goal, then you should drop the price per square.  People can always buy more than one square if they want to have more $ on the line.
  • There are actually 31 regular season games so making the math work is for a round number square price and a round number winnings is difficult.  I'd suggest $20 a square which would result in $64 winnings for each game plus an extra $16 (see next note)
  • Maybe toss the change that would go to each game's winner toward Steve to help fund this website?  I'm assuming people are okay giving up less than 50 cents in winnings.
  • I'd use Venmo to collect from participants and distribute winnings
CBFan and dlarry like this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

• If you want to fill up all 100 squares which IMO should be a goal, then you should drop the price per square.  People can always buy more than one square if they want to have more $ on the line.
  • There are actually 31 regular season games so making the math work is for a round number square price and a round number winnings is difficult.  I'd suggest $20 a square which would result in $64 winnings for each game plus an extra $16 (see next note)
  • Maybe toss the change that would go to each game's winner toward Steve to help fund this website?  I'm assuming people are okay giving up less than 50 cents in winnings.

What buy in would result in $69 going to the winner? 

On 10/30/2019 at 4:08 PM, RUBillsFan said:

Yeah that sounds like an awesome idea. What do you think would be the best way of getting a head count?