Billiken Talk On 590

Thanks for the link.  I like the opening "Hi, I'm Scott Highmark for Bommarito Chevrolet."  Scott had some interesting questions about the NIL news. 

Earl on Yuri "He knows you are open before you know you are open."  

Scott, "Ford is recruiting players who fit into his system."

Earl is very high on Jacobs.  He did say Jacobs did have 'deer in the headlights' last season.  Scott said last year has been like a tractor pull watching the team trying to score.

Earl said we will still see bullyball with French, Bell and Goodwin, as well as playing faster.  

Scott on FT's.  You cannot change your mechanics once the season starts.  If the team can get up to the high 60%'s, they will be fine.

Earl will have his 'Sweet Meat' shirt on for the KSHE broadcast.

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Frank had Earl Austin and Scott Highmark on his show this morning. Of note, Frank said that Yuri Collins was the best player on the floor during the Loyola Scrimmage...

Go to segment 4, Bills talk starts at the 9:00 mark

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

this is why I dont take the SLU 8th place stuff seriously. Writers have no idea about what these insiders have been saying.  Between Bell, Yuri, and Jacobs talk, this team may possibly be much much better than we know. 

SLU is an 8th place team with just the main core of players by themselves. 

rgbilliken likes this

6 minutes ago, almaman said:

As an early victim  advise; will we build up a high tolerance to double doubles and laser passes or will each game be a fresh "incident" inspiring awe and amazement? Can't wait to get dozed.

Be prepared to be amazed, awestruck, and, because he's a FR, probably amused, but rarely. Get on the Yuri Express is my advice. 

I've been sitting on same bus the whole time. You are delirious and can't see the rest of us drooling along with you. We will soon have plenty of D-1 highlights to enjoy and calm us between games. over and under for his assists first game? if under 5 may need a second opinion on what ails us. :)

1 minute ago, almaman said:

I've been sitting on same bus the whole time. You are delirious and can't see the rest of us drooling along with you. We will soon have plenty of D-1 highlights to enjoy and calm us between games. over and under for his assists first game? if under 5 may need a second opinion on what ails us. :)

Sorry, if I misunderstood your Yurimania comments. I've been told to chill on him by a number of posters, but the idea of having an old school PG who is good has me salivating. In the interview Earl compared him favorably to H. That's about as good as it gets for a Billiken. H, Kwamain, and now Yuri. 

Just now, slu72 said:

Sorry, if I misunderstood your Yurimania comments. I've been told to chill on him by a number of posters, but the idea of having an old school PG who is good has me salivating. In the interview Earl compared him favorably to H. That's about as good as it gets for a Billiken. H, Kwamain, and now Yuri. 

none of has to chill. if it was total hyperbole then yes but the high side with his strengths is arguably as rare as a truly talented 7 footer assets. It's also a skill that usually only gets better. Now if he comes out like all our worse guard hero ball types we've endured post RM and starts tossing bullets into the stands or charging into tall tree areas than you'll have some explaining to do.

11 minutes ago, almaman said:

none of has to chill. if it was total hyperbole then yes but the high side with his strengths is arguably as rare as a truly talented 7 footer assets. It's also a skill that usually only gets better. Now if he comes out like all our worse guard hero ball types we've endured post RM and starts tossing bullets into the stands or charging into tall tree areas than you'll have some explaining to do.

I will eat the crow, and there will be no shortage of cooks, trust me. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

this is why I dont take the SLU 8th place stuff seriously. Writers have no idea about what these insiders have been saying.  Between Bell, Yuri, and Jacobs talk, this team may possibly be much much better than we know. 

SLU is an 8th place team with just the main core of players by themselves. 

How many other A10 cities are having very similar comments being made?