Kentucky Wesleyan game

bauman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of our 3’s are falling Jimerson’s first was a airball.  French is a man among boys he is just dominating

Bell has not scored missed a close shot next to the basket and brought the ball down by the goal and got the ball knocked out of his hands.  I am not ripping on Bell just reporting.

French has 7 points he hit 1 of 2 free throws 

French freight train charge I bet that guy moves out of the way next time

Thatch another missed 3 no 3’s made the score with 534 left is 18-17

22 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING IS THAT HE CAN'T PLAY 4 MINUTES AT A STRETCH...how about giving the man a chance before we jump all over him...

WOW dude, chill;  I literally wrote these words:  Excuse me, but my guess is he will play 4-6 minutes at a stretch, at most.  So no, I'm not implying that he can't play 4 minutes, the ALL CAPS screaming does not make it so..  PS:  last night he played about 4 minutes a stretch.  Go figure.

6 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

WOW dude, chill;  I literally wrote these words:  Excuse me, but my guess is he will play 4-6 minutes at a stretch, at most.  So no, I'm not implying that he can't play 4 minutes, the ALL CAPS screaming does not make it so..  PS:  last night he played about 4 minutes a stretch.  Go figure.

You did a whole more than that you provided a guarantee that he would not last more than 5 minutes. You are picking and choosing from your post. The guarantee was wrong dude, time to pay.

for the record, i believe only goodwin and yuri in the second half, played more than 5 minutes at a time.  guess the whole team is out of shape.

dennis_w and Cincybill like this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

You did a whole more than that you provided a guarantee that he would not last more than 5 minutes.

Some of you guys must be reading impaired or something.  Hey old guy -- just for future reference -- when a person says, "my guess is . . . " it  does not mean they are guaranteeing something.  In addition: 6 minutes is actually more than 5, in our system.  One other item: when a person says, IF ____ happens, call me an idiot," it is also NOT a guarantee -- it is more like a confession of unlikeliness.  Hope all this is helpful...

My take on the game was ....it was an exhibition game.  Didn't count ...none of the stats will count. 

General take aways....  Let's look at the slash....48/14/48....and add 1 more ...2pt @ 63.  ....The first 2 in the slash we can call it adjusting to the new 3 pt line....of course the FT is a concern.....we should have had at least 5 more pts there.  Hopefully this will improve as we can not afford to give away 5 pts /gm. The 63 is impressive but we need to reserve judgement as it was Div 2 opponent.  

Bottomline....We crushed a Div 2 team in a game that doesn't count. ....a learning experience.  Game was fairly even in the 1st half because of exceptionally poor 3 pt shooting on our part vs outstanding 3pt shooting  by KyWes.  And then we wore them down.  An important point here...if we are playing a better team or having a bad night against a lesser team , we may be able to even things up by wearing the other team down.  Word is that this was a factor in the Chicago Loyola scrimmage.

The good news is .....We won....we learned some things...got some valuable  game practice and won a chicken sandwich.

47 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Some of you guys must be reading impaired or something.  Hey old guy -- just for future reference -- when a person says, "my guess is . . . " it  does not mean they are guaranteeing something.  In addition: 6 minutes is actually more than 5, in our system.  One other item: when a person says, IF ____ happens, call me an idiot," it is also NOT a guarantee -- it is more like a confession of unlikeliness.  Hope all this is helpful...

OK I re read your posts and even though I was sure you had mentioned a guarantee, there was no mention of one in your posts. So, my bad, apologies offered.

6 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Here’s what you said:

“Key stamina issue: how long can Bell play at the beginning?”

Why single Bell out??? Apparently, you wanted to jump on the Jimmy Bell is an out of shape, slob who can’t get up and down the court bandwagon . The coach had done nothing but praise him and had named him a starter, yet you and a few others, could only find fault without ever seeing him play. If not, then why do you assume everyone else is in great shape?

dennis_w likes this

36 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Why single Bell out??? Apparently, you wanted to jump on the Jimmy Bell is an out of shape, slob who can’t get up and down the court bandwagon . The coach had done nothing but praise him and had named him a starter, yet you and a few others, could only find fault without ever seeing him play. If not, then why do you assume everyone else is in great shape.

Maybe you missed it, but I BEGAN my previous practice report by RAVING about Bell.  You are also wrong about me never having seen him play;  I've seen him plenty before that KYWesleyan game...  and reported on it on this board.  For one thing, I wrote this on that practice thread, before the open practice last weekend: 

--One of the biggest surprises for some will be the sheer size and power of Jimmy Bell.  This kid has great feet for a big guy, and maybe even better hands: soft and skilled, left or right.  I can see how he could be a great offensive lineman because he looks like a bigger Orlando Pace out there.   He has a good chance to become an overpowering force in the A10 but it may take a couple years.  That said, he will get minutes immediately and will become a crowd favorite right away too.  He is so strong that I've seen him get his shot blocked pretty well and he still muscled it into the bucket.  My guess is that after losing another 20-30 pounds of baby fat and then bulking up, he can become a star.  But I also think his upside is so high that he will play right away.  Diarra also has good upside and they bang against each other most of the time in practice.  Diarra is as tall and stout as anyone else on the team, taller than French; but he gets overpowered by Bell on a regular basis.