Kentucky Wesleyan game

bauman

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Jacobs is starting? That's gotta be breaking news. Did NOT see that coming.

I'm more concerned about Bell's conditioning. Anyone else feel that way?

That is because you did not bother to come to the free practice last Saturday where you would have watched the "new Jacobs" in action. You would also have been able to see Bell running non stop for two full minutes (with everyone else) from one end of the court to the other either dribbling and shooting or defending.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

That is because you did not bother to come to the free practice last Saturday where you would have watched the "new Jacobs" in action. You would also have been able to see Bell running non stop for two full minutes (with everyone else) from one end of the court to the other either dribbling and shooting or defending.

Pretty sure he's joking lol

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Come on, Old guy.

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Lordy, Lordy.  It is an exhibition game.  Who starts, who cares.  Most of the guys will get plenty of minutes.  Perhaps even more than the "starters".

Regarding Bell ..... maybe he has earned the start.  Maybe Ford is just trying to boost his confidence.  Me, just happy to get the season started. 

SLU needs more solid players than just "the 5".  Here's hoping we see a bunch of solid players on the floor tonight.

Absolutely agree with this. This is a game that does not count for the season, period. Therefore, it is the ideal way to actually test the new players against other players that they have never seen or played with before. This is not a game we have to win at all costs, or a game that we want to win by 50 pts. It is a game to test ideas and concepts and see how they work, and using what players.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Were you not around last season?  

GloryClockRavs thought Jacobs and Hankton were transferring.  (Blue Font) Try to keep up 

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Tonight and next Tuesday are kinda like Christmas morning---getting to open all the packages and see what you got!

This. So excited to be at Chaifetz again and watch these guys and the new uptempo bills. Wasn't able to make it to madness so I've been impatiently waiting for the next game. Only 4 more hours. Can't wait

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Why the Columbia reference.  I personally have no idea what you are talking about with that.   

Until you made the french comparison a requirement, i never thought of that.    Pretty high demand for a freshman saying he has to be an equal of one of maybe our  top all time 5 or better inside players to be allowed to play without critical questioning.   Seems to me if he is the best player at his position right now he should play no questions asked and then admire his improvement over the next four years.  

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

tillman played 20 mpg in both his freshman and sophomore seasons.    i doubt the average mpg for freshmen and sophomores across the country in D1 basketball is that high. 

apparently you want/expect bell to be a dominate all american center from day one playing 30+ minutes and scoring 20 and getting 12 rebounds.   guess what, he wouldnt be here if that was the case.  we all recognized he and diarra were projects.  the fact it now appears he is further along than all expected and he might average nearly 20 minutes a game as a freshman should be a time of joy and expectations of greatness that might happen down the road.   for some reason you want to throw cold water and are upset he is getting his chance sooner than any of use expected.   not the sheltiedave i thought i knew from years ago. 

again to use ian vouyoukas as a yardstick.  go back and view his career statistics.   my guess based on the fact bell is going to start the season as our center and likely hold that spot all year, bell is ahead of ian's career at this point and will likely easily exceed ian's freshmen statistics.   explain to me how being ahead of one of the best if not the best center in billiken history at his point in his career is a bad thing?  

-this is just funny and exposing

dlarry likes this

22 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-this is just funny and exposing

I do think B'roy overlooked Willie Reed as the best C in recent Billiken history. Of course, we hardly knew him. I'm still ticked at Willie because had he put in the work, ie academic, and came back with Kwamain we'd likely have gone to the sweet 16 and possibly further in '12. 

almaman likes this

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I do think B'roy overlooked Willie Reed as the best C in recent Billiken history. Of course, we hardly knew him. I'm still ticked at Willie because had he put in the work, ie academic, and came back with Kwamain we'd likely have gone to the sweet 16 and possibly further in '12. 

reed let the billiken fandom down badly.   i dont talk about willie.  he was a screw up.

AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

How do you know I wasn't there on Saturday? I wasn't there on Saturday.

I'm excited to see what this starting 5 can do on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Got it, but you can't deny the kid was good. 

i've erased him from my memory.  so couldnt tell you.  he was a screw up.

Predictions for tonight:

- HF is in mid season form with an improved FT stroke hitting 3 of 5 from the stripe; 

- Thatch will score 15

- Jacobs shows he belongs

- Yuri with 6 assists

- Hargrove will look a little behind the others, but will have a monster dunk

- Perkins scores a quiet 10 points

- Our offense and defense will be WIPs, but the identity on both sides of the floor that will get the fans excited