OT: Prayers for the SLU student found injured today

Tonka

Now saying NOT shot. Undetermined injuries and not looking for a suspect. Person's belongings found at the top of the parking garage. Apparently a mystery. Of course, still a sad story, still  critical.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/update-slu-student-has-undetermined-injuries-police-say/article_e38fa434-42d1-560c-8b5f-d03186ac1449.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

36 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Now saying NOT shot. Undetermined injuries and not looking for a suspect. Person's belongings found at the top of the parking garage. Apparently a mystery. Of course, still a sad story, still  critical.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/update-slu-student-has-undetermined-injuries-police-say/article_e38fa434-42d1-560c-8b5f-d03186ac1449.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Sounds like a possible suicide attempt.

13 hours ago, thetorch said:

STLPD clueless.  I've heard the same officer contradict himself 3 times about the condition of the body and crime scene on local news.

I saw this story last night before going to bed and had so many questions, really strange, but I guess the main takeaway is that this was not a shooting and they are not looking for a suspect? So draw your own conclusions?

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

I cannot see how the injuries from such a fall, if that is what happened, could be mistaken with shooting injuries.

Right, very confusing. I assume whoever called the police must have reported it as a shooting, but certainly the responding officers would have determined that wasn't the case fairly quickly. Definitely not something you want floating around when it wasn't a shooting.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to OT: Prayers for the SLU student found injured today
29 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Right, very confusing. I assume whoever called the police must have reported it as a shooting, but certainly the responding officers would have determined that wasn't the case fairly quickly. Definitely not something you want floating around when it wasn't a shooting.

I’ve also heard she was found on both the top of the garage , and the driveway down below going into the garage. 

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

They were reporting it as a shooting well into the afternoon.

Which is what makes no sense to me, wouldn't you want that out as soon as possible? This is so strange, quotes from a story I found on Fox 2's website:

"By Thursday afternoon, St. Louis police said the woman had not been shot but could not determine the cause of the woman's injuries."

“At this point in time, that’s a possibility, but we’re not completely sure whether she fell from the rooftop or not,” he said. “We’re not sure yet. Her injuries are not consistent with that at this point.”